How long did it take you to get where you are right now?

aeroteooper149

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

you know all these people sayin i been writin for ten years and i still suck. what defines the difference between good and bad?? this isnt some excuse for not beinthe greatest graff writer ever. but i mean honestly. id say half of what graffiti is about has nothing to do with letter structure or shit like that. its respect for the game. graffiti should be an artistic method of expressing yourself. i know some people are better than others but honestly i think the only people who can truly suck after putting effort into graff for at least a year or twois blind people and conceded toy bitches. i mean im still in my damn blackbook bout to start usin paint this weekend. but it doesnt take a genius to have an understanding of graff culture

i've been nonstop for 3 years, hit the streets hard way before i should have and payed for it. I just got a throw that i think is worthy of being on the streets again after a 2 year vacation from real graffiti, and my pieces have improved greatly in the last year or so.

I read somewhere "no writer is truly satisfied with their style, or else they wouldn't ever change anything."

This shit is what you make it, though. Everybody's got their own story.

you know all these people sayin i been writin for ten years and i still suck. what defines the difference between good and bad?? this isnt some excuse for not beinthe greatest graff writer ever. but i mean honestly. id say half of what graffiti is about has nothing to do with letter structure or shit like that. its respect for the game. graffiti should be an artistic method of expressing yourself. i know some people are better than others but honestly i think the only people who can truly suck after putting effort into graff for at least a year or twois blind people and conceded toy bitches. i mean im still in my damn blackbook bout to start usin paint this weekend. but it doesnt take a genius to have an understanding of graff culture

understanding the culture,

even understanding good letter structure, good color combinations, and good fonts,

will not give you skill.

skill comes from practice and talent and can be learned over time with discipline

some people it takes no time at all, like Pose. but how many people are that good when they start?

about 0.01%

you'll learn as you go on as well, plenty of people do not respect anything.

we're writers who deface people's property. unfortunately respect often has little or nothing to do with it.

yo it Took me a Gewd minute To Get mY ish Dwn u noe Ive ben doin ExtErIoR DecoRAtin for Some Tyme now

ThEre is AlwayZ rOoM WITh eVerYOne ...No 1 Can Say That ThEy R PeRfEcT Cuz DeY aLl have thEre Dayz ...But I tRy 2 KeeP @ it EvEry DAy

you trollin' or do you actually type like that?

• 1 month later...

8 years painting, 6 states resided in, and just starting meeting the people, and crews i respect over the past two. Everything gets better over time, keep that head straight there is alot of stupid shit that goes along with dedication. Constant evolution is the greatest thing you can aquire in the game

Honestly? Probably about 4 years. However, I have only really started to learn to piece in the last 6 months. I'm terrible. I will freely admit to anyone that i'm toy. However, I still have my old blackbooks (full of embarrassing toy attempts at anything resembling a tag or throw up). Hell, in all those 3 1/2 years, I never even tried piecing. But I'm glad. I mean, I'm learning more and more everyday, and i'm not going to go painting until I can burn people on paper. Why would you need can control for a disgusting piece? It pulls the whole graff community down. People see your disgusting work and go "Graffiti is vandalism, it looks vile" etc. but that's just some toy getting up thinking he's god.

Person around my city get up with a tag with no ATTEMPT at graff. I mean they just write "ULT". It makes me want to take paint down and write a lecture to why they are the worst thing to happen to graff in my city EVER (I don't however :D). It's not a crew either, because the first piece I have ever seen by them (they have tonnes of tags) was a simple. I can respect a simple, but I will dog the hell out of it if I can ever get motivated purely because these fools don't even bother to attempt a handstyle and they hit the city hard with their filth.

Rambling. In short- 6months to where I am now, but 4 years to get the mentality behind it.

where I am right now?

about 10 minutes walk to the train station

5 minutes waiting for a train

10 minutes on train

6 minutes walk 3 minutes waiting for a lift

1 minutes to my desk

so yeah um 32 minutes roughly

and fiddly bits you're an idiot

why would you try on paper for three and a half years, get your sketches down pat and the try and rock a mad piece to discover you suck so badly with a can you'll never get to the point you can paint one of your sketches?

even a simple straight letter on paper is harder on a wall and if you've spent 3.5 years doing nothing but paper you're still at square one.

And here's the kicker the "toy" you dissed in your post has spent 3.5 years no doubt doing some toy shit but having a lot more fun and improving.Chances are he's been sketching at the same time so may even be developing his own style. And he'll be way ahead of you you goose.

sounds like you're a chickenshit dude who's scared to get out there but likes the notoriety

when your at top you can only get worse

but there is no top

you can always get better and better and thats what keeps graff alive

theres always a new fill, 3d or handy that you dont know about

and everyone wants to know everything

ive only been writing 4 years but knowing that i can do better gives me the drive

the desire for personal achievement

ill be 90 in a rocking chair and still bustin a mad sketch

and i still wont be the best i can...

@Schnitzel, because I have consideration for other peoples eyes :P. The fact is, the douche HASN'T improved, he DOESN'T practice anything other than his disgusting all city tag. I would rather work on can control when I have something that is worthy of work. Go figure.

you wont develop can control in a blackbook will you?

think about it. you drop a sketch that's all revok'd out with shines and swirls and doodads etc. then take that sketch to the wall and you can't even mark it out or do some basic fills. NOW THAT IS TOY

I see where you think you're better than this toy whoever he may be.

But he can always turn to you and say "at least I'm out there doing it" not hiding away like a monk illustrating a bible.

think maybe what i'm trying to say is balance - accept you're a toy and don't go nuts but you can't improve on paper alone. you need to be out there doing it as well.