What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

correcting an error I made last week.

No biggie but did require about 15 minutes fast work and three minutes fast talking to a client.

Imagining the temperature in Chicago/Minnesota about now.

always thought that would be cool wearing huge jackets like that after seeing various movies but . reconsidering how fucking awful would be to live through.

5 hours ago, iloveboxcars said:

Pooping and watching this

Tried to watch that, too long, gave up when Rody the cow came in.  Must have been a long poop you had to work out there.  Did not see the end of the vid, can it cut a can and still cut a tomato?  Feel I could have made a better looking shank out of random household material quicker than that, but hey, looks like a legit use for your kitchen.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:36 PM, Schnitzel said:

Imagining the temperature in Chicago/Minnesota about now.

always thought that would be cool wearing huge jackets like that after seeing various movies but . reconsidering how fucking awful would be to live through.

As long as you were not out for long periods of time it was not so bad. I was out for about half an hour and it was fine as long as you had a on  a couple of extra layers

my facial hair did freeze i would've taken a photo but as soon as I took my phone out I would get a temperature warning. 

temperature_cool_down.png

We shut our ofcice down on Wednesday but we had to be in on Thursday. Around 5am it was -28 and my car was not happy to be running. When I got into work none of our trucks started until we got the fuel lines unfrozen around noon. What a clusterfuck to say the least. Friday when everything thawed out, my washing machine had broke the water inlet from being frozen and sprayed water all over the kitchen. I'm glad it's all over.......fingers crossed

@Schnitzel

I just looked up 50 degree celsius. 

FUCK THAT

I would much rather deal with the brutal cold. 

@~KRYLON2~

My car struggled to turn on as well but she did well. We went to work on Wednesday and Thursday our vans struggled even more but they eventually turned on as well.  We went in to the office for a half day in the late afternoon. not too many people on the street it took me about 15 minutes to travel 6 miles unlike my typical 45 minutes.

aside from my sisters furnace going out we were still pretty lucky. 

• 2 weeks later...

working from home.

really boosting my efficiency but drowning out noise of potential freight trains with graffiti on them with an ancient air conditioner.

Otherwise I'd be nipping up the road every so often to see what's running. But I'm also oontzing so it probably evens out!

it's really hot so set up a few 40 gallon tubs full of water for the kids to play as a makeshift pool when they get home.

One each so they don't fight with some stuff on tables in the middle.

filled them up now the water wont be as freezing a straight out the tap.