What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, +plus+ said:

PRINTING AND STAPLING

WORKPLACE VIOLENCE TRAINING

50 copies and 10 mailed out to remote workers 

Years ago I worked for a pretty large dept store while I was in college. Two guys it the accounting dept. got into it one night, yelling and shoving each other. The next morning one of them showed up with a ball-peen hammer and waited for the other guy. I didn't see it or anything, wasn't my dept but he beat his coworkers head in and killed him. That shit is no joke man some people are fuckin insane.

• Truth 2

Pooping in a community center. A project that should have been done weeks ago but the PM and engineer for this job are straight up fucking retarded. Too busy playing sack toss and soap box derby in the fucking office to focus on creating a single fucking print that resembles anything that even fucking exists on this fucking god damn site.

1 hour ago, Schnitzel said:

Reeling from the news that the plumbing for my bathroom was illegally installed.

It isn't to building code and can't be repaired without removing  part of the back deck of my house and the laundry unit at a minimum.

fuck this place.

did you do it yourself? cuz i'd sue the dudes who installed it

6 minutes ago, glorydays said:

did you do it yourself? cuz i'd sue the dudes who installed it

Did not do it myself. Way beyond my abilities

I'm not even sure I can sue the people who I bought the house off because I suspect it's earlier than them. 

I just finally got jack of the slow draining sink and shower and the toilet that burps poo breath back in the bathroom occasionally

3 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

Did not do it myself. Way beyond my abilities

I'm not even sure I can sue the people who I bought the house off because I suspect it's earlier than them. 

I just finally got jack of the slow draining sink and shower and the toilet that burps poo breath back in the bathroom occasionally

then the house inspector who verified the house fucked you

wouldnt the fault fall on the guy who signed it off as A-OK to the realtor?

Edited by glorydays

IT's a bit different over here is Australia but yes I did get kind of fucked. The realtors here have no responsibility over that and it's up to buyer to know this.

did get an inspection but he's not a plumbing expert his advice is more on structure termites etc. 

sicne the bathroom does actually work he signed it off. Bathroom just doesn't work well

when I say the laundry unit has to go it's not like it's a room it more like built in cabinets on back deck that fit the washing machine and dryer out of site.

We might be able to lft them away from the  plumbing fixture and then cut through the deck underneath them.

But either way it's a few grand I'd really prefer not to have to outlay at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

IT's a bit different over here is Australia but yes I did get kind of fucked. The realtors here have no responsibility over that and it's up to buyer to know this.

did get an inspection but he's not a plumbing expert his advice is more on structure termites etc. 

the realtor's have no responsibility on that???

bro, that sucks...i'd be like "get me the car fax on this house"

i'd want all the history on that house

Realtor has little to no responsibility here unfortunately, at least in the States.  They're selling someone's house and have no idea of the internal workings of said house.  The seller has to complete paperwork verifying the lack of certain issues- pests, leaks, for instance, but not shoddy construction.  Home inspector is off the hook too unfortunately as most standard home inspection agreements contain carefully worded paragraphs on how they can't catch everything, especially since they are not pulling apart walls and such to see the insides.  They examine basic structure and functionality, radon and carbon monoxide levels, that's about it.

@Schnitzelthat fucking sucks bro.  At the least I'd say get a 2nd opinion from another plumber before you lay down $ and start cutting shit up.

• Props 1

10 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Realtor has little to no responsibility here unfortunately, at least in the States.  They're selling someone's house and have no idea of the internal workings of said house.  The seller has to complete paperwork verifying the lack of certain issues- pests, leaks, for instance, but not shoddy construction.  Home inspector is off the hook too unfortunately as most standard home inspection agreements contain carefully worded paragraphs on how they can't catch everything, especially since they are not pulling apart walls and such to see the insides.  They examine basic structure and functionality, radon and carbon monoxide levels, that's about it.

@Schnitzelthat fucking sucks bro.  At the least I'd say get a 2nd opinion from another plumber before you lay down $ and start cutting shit up.

totally getting a second quote.

Regardless I think some cutting and tearing will have to happen. Just the amount that will vary.

When the plumber told me his mannerisms and facial expression were what freaked me out.

He was so bummed out about informing me.

If he was all breezy like "it's not such a big job blah blah blah" probably wouldn't have  been so  worried but you could tell he felt horrible about not being able to fix it and having to give bad news.