What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
@Fist 666

How are you doing these days?

I have been better. Life has a way of throwing you some shitty curveballs. I'm in the middle of packing everything up and moving to WA (the Wife is PCS'ing). In the midst of all that chaos some shit I didn't process or deal with at the time is bubbling up to the surface, demanding it be dealt with now. I haven't slep more than a few hours a nite for weeks. Even then it's more passing out than sleeping. The VA here can't even get me in for a referral for at least 4-5 weeks, but by then I'm gonna be in WA. The Navy Docs just want to put me on Klonopin and send me to AA meetings, so I'm kinda in a shitty place man.

That's no good man. Washington in the fall can be a rough place for depression. You have to make a very conscious effort to find sunlight (get a bluelight) and be active--the weather can take its toll on you. BUT WA is awesome. There is so much to do and tons of great people. Bremerton?

I got sick of trying to get help from the VA and have just started paying for my own insurance.

I have also been told that the delayed referrals can be worked around if you stress the importance of you seeing someone/getting help--don't say it's an emergency, but might be... If there is anything I can do hit me up.

Originally it was Whidbey, but she picked up and lost those orders, now it's "needs of the Navy" somewhere up there, won't know for sure till her promotion is fully processed here in about 2 weeks. I will keep you in mind man, I appreciate it. Just know that I'm not going to do anything stupid, I just need to vent here and there. It IS worse when I'm drinking, and I know it, but fuck man, I gotta get to sleep somehow. For now, I'm just trying to ride out the next month or so, and when we get up there, I'm going to try to get tri-care to give me a doc out in town, so I don't have to "take some Motrin, hydrate, and change my socks".

Normally I'm pretty good at holding it all together but I am stretched pretty thin right now. The wife is doing senior leadership indoc, so I'm doing everything here by myself and I don't even know where we are gonna land, smfh.

As for the weather, I am from nor cal, fog and drizzle make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I've been prescribed a dozen different things for sleep, but the most effective tool I've found is 50mg diphenhydramine (zzzquil or generic) and a shot of whisky... Can't promise it will work, but might be worth a try, and it doesn't even get me a buzz, let alone drunk enough to cause more problems for myself.

• Like 1