What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok I am curious, why did it splotch like that on the other side?  The stencil pulling paint?

If you can re-do, try removing wetting the mask with water first, like after the paint is dry, pour water on the mask then slowly remove it.  

Edited by ndv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ndv said:

Did you paint it silver or white?  It looks silver (like brushed aluminum)  on my end which looks really good against the blue.

this is the exact can i used(it's called bright coat chrome):

1713567933738233381509239699690.thumb.jpg.f4c6a4bce6181a3dcdfdb8dd9d41aa32.jpg

2 hours ago, ndv said:

@nicklesndimes  is it just me, or does the bottom of the 'L' tapper?  It looks wider midway thru at the bottom than the top.

Not trying to call you out.

2 hours ago, ndv said:

ok I am curious, why did it splotch like that on the other side?  The stencil pulling paint?

If you can re-do, try removing wetting the mask with water first, like after the paint is dry, pour water on the mask then slowly remove it.  

all in all, i'm generally happy how it came out. i potentially could redo the fuzzy side, but it'd take a lot out of me to completely sand and repaint, restamp that side just for a little slop. as tempting as it is to tryn perfect it... i'm just going to stick w/ perfectly imperfect in this case(plus i ran out of stencil, it was tricky to understand for a beginner and there was some waste to start out w/).

again, absolutely a major solid was done. thank you.

3 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

this is the exact can i used(it's called bright coat chrome):

1713567933738233381509239699690.thumb.jpg.f4c6a4bce6181a3dcdfdb8dd9d41aa32.jpg

all in all, i'm generally happy how it came out. i potentially could redo the fuzzy side, but it'd take a lot out of me to completely sand and repaint, restamp that side just for a little slop. as tempting as it is to tryn perfect it... i'm just going to stick w/ perfectly imperfect in this case(plus i ran out of stencil, it was tricky to understand for a beginner and there was some waste to start out w/).

again, absolutely a major solid was done. thank you.

Well, just let me know if you want to restencile it when that time comes.  You know we're to find me. 

• Props 1