Should I or shouldn't I????

Mauler5150

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just did the math and I could actually fly to the USA and buy one and still have change in my pocket for what they are asking here. I will speak to my uncle and see if he knows of anynoe flipping a Mark IV for cheaper otherwise I will definitely pick this one up. I mean my amp is on the blink at the moment, and this is something I have put off for at least 10 years, and I have the chance to get this now. Maybe I might just test drive a few other amps and see how I go, but the lure of having 3 amps in one (instead of those cheaper modelling amps) just seems to be dragging me in.

As for travel, it seems I am stuck for a few months as they fucked up my leave when I went away last time, so I need something to occupy my time in between. It gives me at least 3 or 4 months before I can away again, and in that time, I can easily get together enough coin to go back to Europe again, but then it will be Winter over there and it doesn't seem as appealing as going in the Summer, especially when the weather is perfect for the beach here. Decisions, decisions.

I say fuck it, if you want that shit, buy it.

Make sure it's something you've wanted for a long time and wont regret.

But if it's what you want, use your balls and get it.

I dipped into the savings and dropped a lot of loot on camera shit.

Some people said it's dumb, if you ain't a pro spending that much is stupid.

They were usually broke themselves, bad with money, their opinions didn't mean shit.

• Like 1

Anyway after the spam attack, I decided what the fuck, I might as well go all out and get this amp. Should have it by next week, pics to come. Now I just need to go shopping for a cabinet, don't really know if it is worth dropping the obscene amount of dosh on a rectifier cabinet, or if I should just get something cheaper with decent Celestions in it.

do you really play that big of shows? or play that loud?

i made the mistake of buying a halfstack 4 or 5 years ago and never, ever turn it up past 4. i could've bought a 2x12 and saved money and cut out the pain of loading/unloading a fucking halfstack.

edit: nevermind, it makes no difference anymore.

I am still deciding on what cabinet I will buy, will have to test a few next week before the cab arrives. And as for money, hell, I might even get a loan for the cabinet, but I have no idea how much I will spend. In all this is moreso an investment for me, as once our dollar goes down to the greenback this amp will be essentially worth triple the price here. I had a good chat to my uncle who is a lifelong muso, and he told me I can't really lose on this deal and he convinced me to go ahead and buy it. So yeah, pics when it arrives for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so it arrived yesterday and I decided that a vertical slanted 2x12 is the best option as it can actually fit in my car, hahah. Here are some pics I snapped just now.

13466_325644735117_600145117_9489007_5471866_n.jpg

13466_325644705117_600145117_9489005_2161386_n.jpg

And I have put these things thru it

13466_325644725117_600145117_9489006_7997155_n.jpg

The old faithful Ibanez, this thing is playing better than ever after its recent setup, and it is so easy to play with the strings after playing my newer rig pictured below.

13466_325644745117_600145117_9489008_5656389_n.jpg

Ignore the Xbox box (and guitar hero guitar strap) I haven't bothered to throw away yet, but this guitar is a beast, and anyone who is looking for some sweet pickups couldn't go wrong with the Crunchlab/Liquifire combo, as they are the most balanced pickups I have ever heard in a guitar in my life.

Thing is, I can just sit with this getting some use out of it, wait for our dollar to go down against the greenback, and then flip it and make myself at least a 25% profit, legally.

Now if you can tell me about any other investments I could do that with and get that sort of return (legally) within 2 to 3 years while getting use from the investment, then go ahead. But anyway, it is a bitch of a thing to get sounding like you want it, the manual alone is 60 fucking pages! But I also could keep this fucker for the next 30 years and still not have found the sound I want out of it, although I hope to.