i always knew running was boring...

Decyferon

....now I find out it is lethal, never understood why anyone would want to run a marathon, seems like a fucking stupid idea to me.

A bizarre tragedy struck the Detroit Marathon on Sunday when three men died within 16 minutes.

Daniel Langdon, 36, collapsed at 9.02am local time, between the 11- and 12-mile markers.

Rick Brown, 65, fell in the same area at 9.17am, and a minute later 26-year-old Jon Fenlon collapsed just after finishing the half-marathon.

Race organisers said emergency personnel reached the men quickly, while weather conditions were cool and well-suited to running.

Fatalities among marathon runners are comparatively rare, with a risk of approximately one in 100,000. Over 19,000 took part in the Detroit marathon and half marathon.

"On a day when so many people bring such energy and challenge themselves to do their utmost, this news is very difficult to hear," said Paul Anger, editor of the Detroit Free Press which sponsors the event.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19102009/58/three-runners-die-16-minutes.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Where I used to live I walked everywhere because I don't drive and traffic was always a bitch if you were on the bus and would generally walk about 6 or 7 miles a day just going to and from work and then a load more just to go see people, get weed, check the local spots. But I could never bring myself to run, tried it when I was younger but just screwed with my knees then I realised would just make more sense to skateboard everywhere.

I don't get the people you see going for a run on their lunchbreak at work, surely that is just gonna make you knackered for the afternoon

I love long distance running

Only did my first half marathon in may and then another one in september.

it's a great feeling crossing the line. real feeling of achievement

the first one I did had people banging drums and gongs to keep you going and then at the 19 k mark there was a stripper from a local club offering free lapdances to male runners.

then just before the finish line there was a brazilian samba group with a whole lotta booty shaking going on in front. the vibe is so good.

but you have to train for it. people that die push themselves too hard it's not like you're going to save the world doing it.

then afterwards you hit the pub and forget about all those aches and pains

first full marathon next year

Picture3.png

• Like 1

Man, a full is something I won't do. That's just too much running for me. It took me 1:55 to run a half without training hard.... Running a full would take incredible amounts of dedication.

Goodluck

cheers mate you're obviously fitter than me I'm yet to break to two hour (2:07:53) mark with minimal training on a half so I've started training for the next one now.

marathon will be after that

the only worrisome thing about the full was watching my mate finishing with huge trails of blood running down from his nipples from chafing oh fuck it was gross!

A bizarre tragedy struck the Detroit Marathon on Sunday when three men died within 16 minutes.

Daniel Langdon, 36, collapsed at 9.02am local time, between the 11- and 12-mile markers.

Rick Brown, 65, fell in the same area at 9.17am, and a minute later 26-year-old Jon Fenlon collapsed just after finishing the half-marathon.

Race organisers said emergency personnel reached the men quickly, while weather conditions were cool and well-suited to running.

Fatalities among marathon runners are comparatively rare, with a risk of approximately one in 100,000. Over 19,000 took part in the Detroit marathon and half marathon.

"On a day when so many people bring such energy and challenge themselves to do their utmost, this news is very difficult to hear," said Paul Anger, editor of the Detroit Free Press which sponsors the event.

They shouldn't have eaten the brown acid.

cheers mate you're obviously fitter than me I'm yet to break to two hour (2:07:53) mark with minimal training on a half so I've started training for the next one now.

marathon will be after that

the only worrisome thing about the full was watching my mate finishing with huge trails of blood running down from his nipples from chafing oh fuck it was gross!

Shit... 2:07's good! Running constantly for more then one hour is hard, period.

Oh and better blood then feces.

epic-fail2.jpg