Parental Leniency: How Far Is Not Enough?

Chubbs

if I hit him I would expect him to hit me back

That's absolutely ridiculous. Kids need to be beat, when they deserve it

My mother used to beat the shit out of me for no reason, so it never meant anything.

My Dad would only beat me when I really had it coming, and thus I grew up with a healthy fear of that beating.

But either way, I would NEVER touch either one of them back. I think people who fight their parents are pretty much complete scum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has whupped Bojangles' ass as a child:

Hot Wheels track

Unabridged dictionary

80's hairbrush

Spatula

...The spatula didn't hurt, and I made the mistake of chuckling, so she went back and got the frying pan

Broomstick.

Bottomline. I got my ass whupped as a child when I fucked up and in hindsight, I'm glad I did. Shit put me in check real fast.

We need to bring back ass whuppin's in the new millennium.

That's bullshit.

If you don't smack your kid up every now and then when they act up, the only lesson you're teaching them is that it's cool to act like little shitheads and do whatever they want.

Sometimes violence is the answer, especially when your kid's testing you to see how pussy you are and what you're going to let them get away with.

I'm not saying it's cool to beat the shit out of your kid just cause he's getting bad grades or whatever, but people who don't smack their kids now and then are the reason why little kids run around in Target knocking shit over, throwing shit at their moms and screaming at the top of their lungs.

Both my parents are military. I grew up like this and will raise my kids like this. I cosign this shit to the fullest.

And if you expect your kid to hit you back, then YOU have been a bad parent. I would never dream to even raise my fist at my pops. 1, because I respect him and hes my dad and all and 2, he has old man strength, and old man strength is unfuckwithable.

My Dad is 54 years old and is still in better shape than I'll probably ever be. He used to be a pro kickboxer and bench over 400 lbs. I can't even imagine what would happen if I raised a hand to him haha

For real. A fear of getting your ass kicked is the ultimate deterrent.

why should a child EVER fear being physically harmed? A good parent should be able to convey their point across to a child without ever having to raise a finger..

a child shouldn't behave correctly out of fear, but out of an understanding of what is right and wrong.

i think ive told a few people this story on here

but my mom used to whoop my ass in public places. im sure i got spanked at ever department store in the Tampa area as a 4 year old.

i remember when i was 4 years old and at JC penny and she was in the checkout line so i decided to go mess around in the clothing racks. i ended up knocking one over. my mom politely told the cashier to wait a moment while she got out of line to whoop my ass in the middle of the store with the prickly hairbrush in her purse and drug me back up to the register where she calmly apologized to the cashier for making her wait and bought her clothes.

now i see kids run around stores just flat out annoying everyone with no regard and total disrespect. my mom didnt believe in timeouts and neither do i. i cant believe how soft parents are now a days.

why should a child EVER fear being physically harmed? A good parent should be able to convey their point across to a child without ever having to raise a finger..

a child shouldn't behave correctly out of fear, but out of an understanding of what is right and wrong.

Thats how they know. If they fuck up, you tell them whats up. They keep doing it, and pushing your limit, a slap on the side of the head (with the ring to clack against your skull)shows them whats up. Next time you tell them not to do something they know theyll get a knock on the head.

weather you spank, slap, punch or push yer kids into dicsiplin.

dont do that shit in public. not only are you humiliating your kid aswell as yourself, beleive it or not.

but aint nobody wanna hear or see that shit. no respect.

handle yer shit behind closed doors, that way department store shananagins aint happenin anyways.

i dont got no kids but if i ever do the last thing imma be doin in public with them is makin a fool out us both. kids gettin yanked the fuck out the store weather hes kickin, screamin or stabbin.

then he'll get his at home. NOT in public.

I had a very layed back up bringing which i actually think was a bad idea. I was never worried about getting hit or anything like that. I wa allowed to do pretty much wahtever i wanted from about the age of 14 and i think that was a bad idea, becasue i was terror. I love and respect my parents no matter what but they could of been a bit more strict. it prolly would of helped my school work and had a big impact on the way i treated people at that age.

I don't advocate beating kids. Smacking them once or twice when they're out of line in private is one thing, but a full grown man or woman whooping dat azz on a kid half their size in public is a bad look.

In the past, when I've seen this I've gone up to parents and talked them down...one guy told me to mind my business. I told him that the second he started beating his kid in front of me, it became my business and that he was a punk for punching a 12 year old with a closed fist.

Most people shouldn't have children. They're either too strict or not strict enough...no wonder kids are all fucked up nowadays.

when i notice a parent, in public per se, who has no control over thier child, and the child is acting a fool, jumping all over the place, tearin shit up, and the parent could be less concerned..instead of saying something to the parent, (because no one wants to hear another persons opinion), or saying something to the kid (which we all know would not fly) i take my kid by the hand, walk over, point at the kid and state very clearly.

"dont ever fucking act like this....ever"

it gets the point across in most cases.

I got my ass smacked with a belt or a ping pong paddle only when I was reallll young and did some asshole shit. It only happened a handful of times when I really fucked up. They didn't hit me hard enough to really do anything, just to instill in my mind that I did something wrong. At a young age like that you can't really understand right and wrong from a philosophical stand point so when you're put into a bad situation you begin to learn that's what happens. Granted you could take their shit away, but then they just whine and bitch until you give it back. If you just went straight to a little ass slapping it would cut the shit.

Once my dad died when I was 7, my mom had to raise me. She didn't really hit me ever, maybe 2 or 3 times. Once I got to be bigger than her, around middle school, she couldn't do shit. She would ground me and I'd say some really hurtful things like "I hope you fucking die in a fiery car crash cunt." I was a really fucked up kid and I had no remorse for such things. My anger enthralled me.

Once I got to my mid teens, I started to think about things and decided on my own that it would be a very bad thing to not love and cherish this woman who sacrificed so much for me. These days I love my mom to death and would never do anything to hurt her. Sometimes she accuses me of something retarded but she's been under a lot of stress and grew up in a different generation. She can't see the world like me and I can understand that.

I would never hit my kids. The only time I would is if they were like 16 and hit me, but I don't plan on that happening. There were a lot of things that I witnessed as a kid that later let to bad decisions or ways of thinking. One thing that would have greatly helped me skip some of the bullshit in life was having a proper outlook on it. I was brought up around church on Sundays, ridiculous theories about the right way to live and what life is. A lot of the people in my family are ordinary, simple-minded individuals who have never done anything significant and long lasting in life. I'm going to teach my kids from the earliest age possible about what the world really is, and how to excel in life. I'm going to teach them what is important and what is not. This didn't happen to me, and I had to almost ruin my life forever, tons of times, to learn what I know now. If these philosophies had been explained to me over and over as a kid, I would have been spamming AOL making 100k a week in '98 and not cracking people's passwords for cool screen names instead. I saw people making insane amounts of money, and it didn't even occur to me that I should seize the once in a life time opportunity of being able to spam unlimited with no legal trouble and a ridiculously untapped market. I regret that shit to this day, but I am now on a level that I will not fail.

I am going to coach my children into being champions who shit on life and carry on my name in honor of the late great Gucci Funk. HaLLaH.

• Like 1

This thread is kinda good to read cause it kinda makes yer brain work if you don't have kids.

Like it gets me thinking about how I'd raise a child when it truly never even enters my mind.

Kind of a trip cause I'm gonna be 30 inna couple months and some people on here the same ageish may have had kids for 10+ years by now and in turn think about not only just kids, but there own kids with upwards of a thousand times aday.

One side of me would be a wicked dad to a boy or girl. And the other side of me would be mad absentie and emotionaly detached.

DEEP THOUGHTS by CityonSMASH:lol:

I Wsa beat all the damn time when I was coming up, and it never taught me to not do bad things...it taught me to not get caught doing bad things.

My family has never spanked my niece and she has never once thrown a tantrum in a store.

She also never really does anything bad or talks back, and on the rare chance she will..we sit her down and talk to her about what she is doing.

Making a little kid sit and talk things out for 15 minutes and be bored is worse punishment than spanking them.

On the other side of things, my niece has a cousin that is one week younger than she is...he gets spanked all the time.

He also acts like a little shithead and doesn't listen to anyone.

Does spanking him ever make him act better? Never.

He still does the same shit and still gets spanked over and over for doing the same thing.

my father left when i was little but while he was around he was a hardass.very strict.grew up in the south where we still use switches whcih if youve been hit with one you know how bad they fucking hurt.as far as my mother she never talked.she just beat my ass whenever i did something wrong.and not just with her hand or a belt but whatever was nearby.ive had her throw books and plates at me and shes punched me and shit.flyswatters and shit when i got outta the shower haha.she tried to run me over with the car when i tried to run away.shit was fucked.i remember one time i got suspended outta school and instead of whoopin my ass that day she waited like a week to get me.we went to the dollar store and she got me some paddles,you know with the balls on them idk what their called exactly but she told me shed get if for me to play with.the second we got in the car she rips the ball off and commences to beat the shit outta me.shit was wicked.now that im older she doesnt hit me as much and we rarely talk.i stay in my room for the most part and stay outta her way.i dont have kids but i dont think ill hit them.at least not to the extent my mother did.just you know occasionally to put the fear in em.

my views on it is that like in most other situations in life you should try to negotiate first.talk to your kids.lets say your son or daughter is acting up in the store.yellin and making a scene.first you try to talk to them.try to reason with them if you will.thats the first strike.i have a three strike philosophy ya see.if by the thrid time they dont get it im goin up side their head.the second time i have to tell them i want to make it very clear what is gonna happen next if they dont stop.and whats gonna happen is im gonna have to beat their ass.and if they think im playin ill hit them.not go crazy like my parents did.i have big hands they will suffice.but nowadays you cant hit your kids in public without havin some asshole gettin up in your shit about it.which imo is bullshit.its my kid not yours.if you dont believe in beating your kids ass then dont do it.but i do and ill be damned if some fuck tries to tell me how to raise my babies.i have no problem with parents that want to raise their kids in another way its just that we differ in philosophy.but spanking your kids isnt that bad.my father was in iraq and worked at a hospital.he had parents their who went so far as to dip their childrens hands and feet in a vat of boiling lye for disobeying him.in other countries they get vicious on their children.so the way i see it beating their ass from time to time when they fuck up isnt that bad.

And if you expect your kid to hit you back, then YOU have been a bad parent. I would never dream to even raise my fist at my pops. 1, because I respect him and hes my dad and all and 2, he has old man strength, and old man strength is unfuckwithable.

No I am teaching my son that no one has the right to hit him, if the only way a parent can control their child is through the threat of violence then YOU have failed as a parent and all your teaching your child is that if you can't deal with a situation then just start throwing punches, which is fucking stupid.

I don't have to hit my son because he already knows that I am strong enough to do whatever I want. We spend plenty of time play fighting and wrestling and he has the respect that when I tell him to stop he stops, I don't need to fall back on violence to create respect because I am raising him the right way and he does respect that when me or my wife tell him something then that is the final rule.

Must be a cultral difference really because people that hit kids are scum, fair enough if they are not viewed that way in America but to me and everyone I know hitting kids is the lowest of the low. There are better and more productive ways of punishing a child that actually teach them a lesson.

• Like 1

No locked doors, really, no closed doors. Bed by 8 o'clock, reading until 9 (until I was a teen). Home by sunset or 7 for dinner. Eat everything that's on your plate. Drink this, it's wine, read the label, work on your accent. Be nice to the dog. No FUCKING backtalk. 7 hours total tv time a week (until teen), news doesn't count and watching sports with Uncle Doc was discounted as well. If I went sailing then I had to keep the boat in sight of the shore until I was 12yrs old. If ANY adult said I did wrong I got some form of punishment even if I could prove they were wrong. Don't make noise at midday while Dad was sleeping. Do my chores and generally don't fuck up. Also, if you're at an adult event, act like an adult or make yourself VERY small. The Captain of the boat makes the rules.

Non-obeyance led to beatings and, at the suggestion of my previously mentioned Uncle, if I fucked up they would hang me by my toes, cut off my allowance, shave my head and feed me to the sharks.