im buying this old school bronco

El Vergudo

1976 Ford Bronco

DSC00366.jpg

im planning on ripping out the 351ci, droppin in a 466ci big block, with interceptor heads, 429 cobra jet intake, not sure on what carb to run it with. thinking bout running straight pipe from the headers on out.

planning on a 6 inch lift. but not sure what color to paint it, or to keep it stock color.

anyone got any other suggestions? this is my 1st time modifying a 4x4. what lift kit should i get? should i swap out the stock rear end and front axel to one from an international scout II ?

suggestions appreciated!

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
you are going to need lots of this..

GASCAN-red%20copy.jpg

but dont worry..

daddy will probably pay for that too

settle down. "daddy" aint payin for shit. he bought me my 1st car when i was in H.S. but that was bout it, a used 1984 honda prelude for $1500. and thats all he bought.

as for the gas, i know what im getting into, shit i drive a '86 cadillac that gets 8mpg. im def not trippin bout the mileage this bronco will get

yea, i like those too, but they're too expensive. even a non-running project will hit you upt a couple thousand.

True. Even that bronco will have a lot of maintenance issues with it though, but I guess just comparatively less then a box. Don't get me wrong, I dig the car... but it's a ford at heart. Hope this is a project and not a primary source of transportation.

I'd definitely do the front/rear end if you are dropping in that big block. /nh

Also I wouldn't lift it unless you go all out, that thing is nice as is, and just a 6 inch cheap lift with bigger tires would kill the coolness.

I'd either go all out with bigger wheel wells and a wider stance with the lift or not do it at all.

That thing is a beast though.

Sweet find. The axles in that thing are beefy as fuck so keep them. The only thing you will have to do is throw in different gears and maybe lockers if you want to wheel the thing. I run a ford 9" rear axle in my jeep cherokee right now with 4.11s and a detroit locker. I never get stuck. With a 6" lift you will need to beef up your driveline and reduce the angles of your driveshaft. With 6 inches on that thing your probly gonna be running 35" tires at the minimum so make sure you get good u-joints, wheel bearing units, steering stabilizer, etc. Make sure you buy a complete kit, not something that just comes with the bare minimum to give it ride height. DONT USE LIFT BLOCKS. Get full spring packs, otherwise your ride will be horrible and they arent functional for wheeling. Make sure you beef up your steering as well cuz it will break. If you have any questions hit me up, I have been lifting jeeps and trucks n wheelin them my whole life.

My Chrerokee, not me giving the finger though.

n1143304747_17745_8018.jpg

Some more

n1143304747_17744_7582.jpg

yes thats me

n1143304747_17855_8315.jpg

• Like 1

put a chevy motor in in....fuck a ford.

thats right

i said it

you mad?

actually i aint mad at all. if it runs good/bad ass then i love it

could be a ford, chevy, or mopar engine, it dont matter. this will be my 1st ford truck. i had a 64 1/2 mustang with a 4 speed on the floor, and 302ci bored out to a 327ci stroker

l_5f7d6eb6d77e57336c8dd536841f20fe.jpg

other than that one ford, i've had a few GM's

'80 El camino

'81 Buick Regal

'79 Malibu classic

'84 cutlass supreme

ALL G-Body's :D

'81 Cadillac Fleetwood

and my current is the '86 Fleetwood brougham

I'd definitely do the front/rear end if you are dropping in that big block. /nh

Also I wouldn't lift it unless you go all out, that thing is nice as is, and just a 6 inch cheap lift with bigger tires would kill the coolness.

I'd either go all out with bigger wheel wells and a wider stance with the lift or not do it at all.

That thing is a beast though.

the reason i was thinking bout doing the 6in lift is cuz i was told that is the highest i could go without having to swap out the drive shafts.

otherwise i would'a gone with a 8 inch lift

• Like 1

The scout axles should be the same almost. Scouts are dana 44's front and back, right? I think thats what broncos are.

With drive shaft angles, transfer case drop and rear axle shims will help. If you get into serious wheelin, youre going to start breaking shit real quick with a big block.

Check out the pirata4x4.com forums, HUGE help.

As said before DO NOT BUY BLOCKS, get a complete kit. New spring packs, shocks, coil springs, steering stabilizer, the whole 9.

Do you have a budget? If not swap in a 14 bolt full floater and a dana 60, 5.38s, 37s, yadda yadda...

Sweet find. The axles in that thing are beefy as fuck so keep them. The only thing you will have to do is throw in different gears and maybe lockers if you want to wheel the thing. I run a ford 9" rear axle in my jeep cherokee right now with 4.11s and a detroit locker. I never get stuck. With a 6" lift you will need to beef up your driveline and reduce the angles of your driveshaft. With 6 inches on that thing your probly gonna be running 35" tires at the minimum so make sure you get good u-joints, wheel bearing units, steering stabilizer, etc. Make sure you buy a complete kit, not something that just comes with the bare minimum to give it ride height. DONT USE LIFT BLOCKS. Get full spring packs, otherwise your ride will be horrible and they arent functional for wheeling. Make sure you beef up your steering as well cuz it will break. If you have any questions hit me up, I have been lifting jeeps and trucks n wheelin them my whole life.

My Chrerokee, not me giving the finger though.

n1143304747_17745_8018.jpg

Some more

n1143304747_17744_7582.jpg

yes thats me

n1143304747_17855_8315.jpg

nice jeep! my old k-5 that i bought for $400

l_b47fd9ea8628a52adb31669e43ee278f.jpg

l_86c474253c62ec60d7400670ec230926.jpg

l_4c0ed7cfa2dd9a90e6154e5a7b9e7a84.jpg

l_0264ce536f26423ca00b38a822df9a9e.jpg