the wire appreciation thread

yonis

You don't really know what Bodie was going to do. McNulty was having an effect on him for sure.

I think him standing on the corner not running shows the route he would have taken had he not gotten killed.

Perhaps that's just my wishful thinking. Also been at least 2 years before I watched an episode of The Wire.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well there are TONS of spoilers we could drop

hurry the fuck up and watch it! when the seasons came out on dvd i;d watch em in a weekend. easy.

um, also, wallace and d'angelo were hardly some tough as nails mofos. no surprise with the snitch there.

anyway.

Greatest Show on Earth.

Rented all of season five a couple days ago, and just wrapped it up. Waited over a year to wrap up the last season. Not disappointed at all, just wish I knew the road Marlo took from the last episode, and Omar definitely died on some gay shit. They should've kept his character going 'till the last episode.

After season one, lost a $5 bet to my girl that Bodie would be the next kingpin. I should realize, all the fuckin' good shows kill off people you'd least expect to. Fuckin' bullshit.

But gained $10 back from ol' girl when she thought Dookie, or whatever his name is, was going to work for a beastiality colony, when he decided to live with the crackhead junkmen that drive horses around town!! HAHAHA.

Great show.

By the way, I heard people tell me that a couple characters off this show were straight pulled off the B-more streets without any acting experience. Does anyone know which ones?

All I peeped from watching the behind the scenes is that Proposition Joe talks like a striaght homosexual, completely different tone from his character. Has to be a gay.

Snoop did time for murder when she was younger, the guy who plays Omar pulled her out of a club. I know Slim Charles was a thug in DC when he was younger, gun charges or something like that

Alot of people who makes cameos are oldhead dealers/stickup kids from Baltimore who the creator knows. Omar's boy who helps him go after Marlo is one who comes to mind

aww shit bodie gets merked? he was my favourite character...any one know what else the dude who plays him has been in? i know ive seen him somewhere before...ithink.

im coming up to the end of season 4 and have 5 waiting for when its done....

dope show.

By the way, I heard people tell me that a couple characters off this show were straight pulled off the B-more streets without any acting experience. Does anyone know which ones?

All I peeped from watching the behind the scenes is that Proposition Joe talks like a striaght homosexual, completely different tone from his character. Has to be a gay.

i know for sure that felicia pearson was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicia_Pearson

she's a shady mofo.

some other smaller roles were prolly filled that way but i don't know who

The Deacon was such a fuckin thug haha

"Melvin Williams was actively involved with drug trafficking throughout the 1970s and early 1980s. During that time Williams was periodically arrested on minor charges. In the early 1980s federal agents along with the Baltimore Police Department launched an investigation into his activities. One of the investigators working on the case was Ed Burns. On December 6, 1984 Williams was arrested on cocaine trafficking charges. On February 7, 1985, he was convicted and sentenced to 34 years in prison. He served part of his sentence in the Lewisburg Federal Penitentiary. In May 1987, the Internal Revenue Service(IRS) assessed taxes in the amount of $425,055 and seized the Williams home. While still in prison his life story was featured in a series of articles written by future The Wire creator David Simon. "Easy Money: Anatomy of a Drug Empire” a series of five articles was published in the Baltimore Sun in 1987. Williams was released on parole in 1996 (Parole has since been abolished in the federal system).

In March 1999 he pistol whipped a man over a $500 debt. Williams, who at the time was on parole and had an extensive criminal record, was sentenced to 22 years in prison in December 2000 after one mistrial. However his sentence was reduced by the same judge who imposed the original 22 year term. He was released from prison in September 2003."

Snoop did time for murder when she was younger, the guy who plays Omar pulled her out of a club. I know Slim Charles was a thug in DC when he was younger, gun charges or something like that

Alot of people who makes cameos are oldhead dealers/stickup kids from Baltimore who the creator knows. Omar's boy who helps him go after Marlo is one who comes to mind

The person who plays Slim Charles is a musician in a D.C. go-go band. They did a version of the opening score, but not sure which episode or season.

But yeah, Snoop did time for second-degree murder. She was on "No Reservations" giving Anthony Bourdain a tour of Bmore and they both spoke on it.