the worst job you've ever had?

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't mention all of the jobs that I held between 14-20 because....OH WAIT A MINUTE!

I used to work at this warehouse that was a distributor for pro audio gear. The actual job wasn't that bad...sending people information about the products, shipping stuff out UPS, mail, and Fedex, taking calls...but the office manager was easily one of the most uptight bitches I have ever worked with. Her main beef was about my being on time. I tried to explain to her that I took the bus 15 miles to work, and she just didn't want to hear about it. I told her I couldn't afford a car making $7/hr and she didn't want to hear about that either.

So I did the best I could to get there and at least once a week I'd be something like five minutes late. This has happened at every single job I had to take transit to, there's no way you can predict traffic or some dude flipping out and the cops showing up to haul him off the bus.

Finally I ended up getting fired because of my attitude...they felt that I "didn't take the job seriously." I told them I had been commuting for two hours a day on the bus to show up to get yelled at daily for seven bucks a hour for the past six months, and that my outward casual, relaxed attitude was really me merely exercising a great deal of restraint and ignoring the daily bullshit I had to put up with. That didn't go over well, so I said "Fine, have it your way" and cleaned out my desk.

However, the owner took me aside on the way out the door and gave me an extra month's pay and apologized for the manager...he said, "I know she's a bitch but she gets shit done around here." I said, "Yeah, and now she's gonna have to do it all by herself. I'm sure that will work out great."

Later on, I heard through the grapevine that she went through several people in the following year...they all quit within two months because they ended up hating her guts.

unloading hay bails

stuck in 90 degree heat

unloading a 53' semi trailer filled with 900 60lbs hay bails

then loading them into a barn and stacking them 6 high

shit was a workout. then you'd get pieces of hay stuck in your arms and shit.. horrible

shit does suck. I worked on a farm and tossed hay bails all day out in a field. Shit sucked. You ha to wear a long sleeved shirt in the summer.

during highschool, i had a part-time job as a dishwasher where they paid me under the table. this place was fancy, so i was surprised they hired anyone without going through the paperwork motion

shit was the most mind-numbing task ever, so i left during my break & never returned after 2weeks

this is how ive quit every crappy job ive had in highschool

swamp - everyone has their story & whatnot, but my guess is that kids work at these mcjobs anywhere they can (knowing theyll get paid like shit) because they know they lack the required time commitment for them to qualify for a fulltime rate. most of them probably only care enough for a big enough bi-weekly cheque to buy junk the latest crappy trend anyway

Man sounds as if you guys in the U.S.A get paid real shitty. $14 an hour for setting up light and audio? Your kidding right?

Shit even bouncing gigs here get you $17 an hour. Work a production line in a factory? $16 minimum.

Fuck being an adult that makes less than 14 year olds in other countries.

I'm starting to understand the tipping all of a sudden.

• Like 1

I worked for my dad once when i was 16 and on school holidays, BIG FUCKING MISTAKE. He caught me smoking in the carpark with a bunch of other staff members so he tried to get me and this other bloke to de-weed the carpark as punishment, problem is he runs an architectural firm and the other guy he tried to make do gardening work was 32 years old.

He quit after 2 minutes of pulling weeds and told me to tell my dad he is a cunt.

We still laugh about it.

When I first moved to NYC I had a job as a field technician for a Union fire alarm company.

Even though they were local 3, I was forced to work about 90+ hours a week for a complete asshole who was very corrupt.

Out of all the technicians there, only one of them was cool and the rest were complete herbs.

Good money, but I had no time at all to rest and would come home, sleep, get up, shower and head back to work.

Stayed for about 6 weeks and paid of my huge IRS debt finally one night and felt a huge relief.

The next morning they started being assholes as usual so I turned in my shit, didn't say a word and just left.

I didn't say 14$

I said 7.50

and I didn't work there very long. I was told I would get a raise, dude tried to give me a 25 cent hourly raise and I laughed at him, but I kept working until I got fired for passing out under my desk Saturday morning. The only upside was I was a dealer rep for every pro audio company on earth, but yeah, the pay was retarded

Working at a super mega shit four story hotel that was 30 years old, as a maintenance man for a grand total of $8.50 an hour. I had just quit working on cars at my last dealership and needed something as a stepping stone. My brother was working there doing the same thing part time. We both hated it. The fucking place was falling apart faster than it could be repaired. The air conditioner/heaters in every room were these old ass pieces of shit that pre-dated the hotel and that leaked water when the AC was on because of all the dust in them that would clog the drain tube. I spent a lot of time wet vacuuming carpets and hauling these heavy fucking sharp edged things from any given floor to outside to clean them. This was in addition to the fact that maybe 20% of them actually cooled the rooms, and all of this was in the middle of the summer. Guests were fucking assholes and I don't blame them because they were getting charged premium rates that you would pay in a much nicer place for this shit hole. They also had this shitty breakfast buffet that was ran by an old fucked up 60 year old lady that chain smoked. One day a large number of soldiers from a local army base were coming to stay and occupy the entire fourth floor. The o.g. maintenance dude, who stunk like whale shit and looked like the rat from Beakman's World copped some shit attitude so I threw the keys in his face and walked out. There was this hot milf manager that was there temporarily who called me on a little later on and tried to talk me back, but all I did was talk shit to her and told her how I wanted to pipe. She hung up on me and I kept drinking. I got another job going that same day. Ironically, I had got arrested for doing throw ups on a construction dumpster that was in the hotel's parking lot 8 years prior and was banned from the property. I go dump my trash in their dumpster and catch tags on it when I forget to leave my trash bin out and it is full.

Man sounds as if you guys in the U.S.A get paid real shitty. $14 an hour for setting up light and audio? Your kidding right?

Shit even bouncing gigs here get you $17 an hour. Work a production line in a factory? $16 minimum.

Fuck being an adult that makes less than 14 year olds in other countries.

I'm starting to understand the tipping all of a sudden.

bump + propped = bumpropped