Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KILZ FILLZ

the worst job you've ever had?

RGIS.

We did auditing for stores ranging from Cracker Barrel to Best Buy.

I did steal a lot of stuff though.

My first messenger job ended after I did some math during my second week on the road and realized I was working 40 hours a week for less than minimum wage. I went and talked to the owner (who was an old drunk Irish guy) and asked him what kind of shit he was trying to pull and he told me I was lucky to even have a job there. I went out, did a couple deliveries, then turned off my radio and went out and applied at a couple more companies. By noon I had a new job that paid twice as much so I went by the office and quit. He started to yell at me and I laughed and threw my radio and manifest on his desk and walked out.

That pretty much set the tone for how I quit almost every messenger job I had for the following decade. I get bored easily, the longest I was ever able to stay with a company was two years before I started going crazy and had to switch it up.

No, I just laughed because I knew I was going on to a (marginally) better job and he was always going to put up with rookies and a ridiculous turnover rate.

yeah...bosses like that suck....they know theyre ripping you off, but just dont care, cause if you quit, they know they can find someone else to sucker.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now