the worst job you've ever had?

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first messenger job ended after I did some math during my second week on the road and realized I was working 40 hours a week for less than minimum wage. I went and talked to the owner (who was an old drunk Irish guy) and asked him what kind of shit he was trying to pull and he told me I was lucky to even have a job there. I went out, did a couple deliveries, then turned off my radio and went out and applied at a couple more companies. By noon I had a new job that paid twice as much so I went by the office and quit. He started to yell at me and I laughed and threw my radio and manifest on his desk and walked out.

That pretty much set the tone for how I quit almost every messenger job I had for the following decade. I get bored easily, the longest I was ever able to stay with a company was two years before I started going crazy and had to switch it up.

working in some shitty warehouse, with all the doors open in winter, peeling stickers off of a pallet of books and sticking different stickers on the book covers, I quit after 30 minutes because they said I wasn't enthusiastic enough for the job and I explained that to be into this job you would need to be a fucking retard.

First and last time of doing any job outside of record shops or office jobs

I once worked as a display artist for an Urban Outfitters in manhattan. The pay was shitty, the overtime was compromised, the hours were unacceptable and it fucked with my bartending schedule.

It was really nice to have full health benefits and paid vacations, however. In fact, I quit the day I got back from my week-long paid vacation.

I worked at Arby's full time when I was about 13.

I lied and told them I was 16 and had already dropped out of school, they never asked me for my birth certificate or anything to prove how old I was.

It sucked shit so hard.

I was probably getting paid something like $4/hr (back in the early 90's) so my paycheck didn't even cover my weed, beer, and cigarette expenses.

Plus, it was in Northern Virginia and during the winter they would want me to walk to work through like 2 feet of snow because I lived a few miles away and everyone else lived on mountains and got snowed in.

The only good thing was that I would smoke weed with my bosses.

Eventually, I got real high and fed up with crap and shoved some lazy Asian kid's hand in a fryer and walked out.

While I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for a ride, they came out and asked me to at least give them two more weeks of working while I found another job.

I told them I would stay until I found another crappy job.

The next day I got a job at K-Mart.

That crappy job lasted about six months until I went to lunch and ran into a buddy who wanted to go get some Mad Dog.

So I got drunk and then showed up at the end of the day and clocked out.

Never went back.

I quit about three other jobs in the exact same manner.

quakcrogdie.jpg.a7895e4484ea385a7fa9cdeeaebf33e7.jpg