the reason why pop-culture is on the down hill slop

swineflu.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Understood but still, it's like watching someone on a computer, the computer is doing most of the work.

All the fine nuances of how an artist would mix it in their own style get tainted by how a computer would/is mixing.

By all rights why not get something you can plug into a USB that gauges crowd reaction and decides everything taking the TPWF's out of the equation completely.

pop culture is on the down-hill slope because we are getting older and people younger than us are now defining what is cool and that fucking pisses us off.

case in point: hipster djs' pre-mixed ipod sessions that mash up, like, mc solaar and miley cyrus songs. and everyone over 25 is all, wtf, why isn't this jerkoff even playing beats right now?

theres still artistic value even if it is a computer, that is their main instrument.

yes i do aggree with you that its kind of like a slap in the face to other artists that use instruments, such as the guitar or whatever but hey computers are taking over our lives. face it. its happening, this is one step closer to computer music, same thing with 8-bit music and what not.

this is also one more step closer to the government controling everything. even free speech and the internet

i am not a fan of girl talk. my favorite artist are dj shadow, cold cut and a few other artist who have made there fame from sampling records. what i like about this movie and why i think its really important is because it's trying to create some space for sampling. i don't think girl talk should pay nothing for taking a vocal track and putting some other music behind it and saying its his own but i believe that if girl talk or any dj or non dj takes a note of a guitar in a beatles song the completely manipulates it to recreate a different song with a different melody then he should own at least 99% of those writes

as far as the legitimate-ness of performing with a computer. could you imagine what girl talks shows would look like if he was to use cdj's his hands would be all over the shop. and i think he still is triggering samples which is no different to useing a mpc. besides people have been performing with computers since the 80's and when you go to pretty much any dj show these days, there all using computers and there more then oftern mac's.

i would like to see this movie been re-edited to include the history of sampling and to show the more hip hop side of things

• Like 1