the reason why pop-culture is on the down hill slop

swineflu.

in my opion this is the most important movie of the 21st century. i feel as if every one should watch this movie how ever the time i have spent on this sight (and probally general internet) an't half as much as you guys so it wouldn't surprise if this movie has already done the rounds

if so feel free to delete this thread. if not i hope you enjoy.

i must warn you, the following movie your about to see contains footage of girl talk, he is only a character and this is not/ a "the girl talk movie" instead it is about how greedy corporations try and copy write every thing so they can get greedy rich and fuck the people of the land that made them greedy rich.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

theres alot more this fruitloop is really getting at but the example of mashups is pretty much invalid.

though i dont listen to mashup cd's or go check out mashup dj's is the fact there just that. Dj's. alotta skill goes into a proper "mashup"

and this girl talk guy is clearly on top of his game. but the fact of the matter is its an accelerated more advanced mix. and since when do club dj's or any other dj's for that matter have to clear copyright shit unless there putting out a cd for release. and really, then they should be paying royalties.

again, theres alot more that this guy is talking about but really, this argument is kinda stupid.

if your usuing someone elses music, flipping it however you want, you should still have to pay royalties to that music maker.

it doesnt make you any less of a music maker. it just means if your using other material as building blocks, then they are entiltled to royalties. case closed.

the very fact alone thet you want to use there hook/chorus/beat or verse shows that its got something worthwhile musicly to it and deserves some respect. im not saying it as "oh this type of music wasnt meant for this or that so you should use it in an electro mashup" i mean it in a sense of a paycheque.

im not really sure what the problem is here. like these guys are bent cause they gotta buck up on sampling rights?

come on.

nothing in life is free, LET ALONE TAKING SOMETHING SOMEONE ELSE HAS CREATED in order to rearrange it and profit from it yourself.

i love these dj's/rappers who get all bent about sampling rights and not wanting to pay the bill when there using it to put on a track cd FOR THEM TO MAKE MONEY OFF.

that mentality is mad corny.

• Like 1

yeah im not to big on girltalk or his music. but the idea behind the movie is good.. now producers, DJs, and anyother person can get a lawsuit for sampling a track from a record that could have possibly never made any fame for itself and someone finds it coverd in dust in the back of a record store. goes home loads it up into their MPC or said device and chops it up lays down their own original drum loop and ends up making a hit instrumental out of the track that very few people have ever heard is now going to get slapped with a million dollar plus lawsuit? just so that the rights owning record company can finnally make a some notable profit off of the said record that went bust? that to me is wrong and i think that no one can make you pay money just to hear music. music is to me is free.

i must warn you, the following movie your about to see contains footage of girl talk, he is only a character and this is not/ a "the girl talk movie" instead it is about how greedy corporations try and copy write every thing so they can get greedy rich and fuck the people of the land that made them greedy rich.

no thanx.

Pop culture is going down hill because you are growing up.

It is a never ending cycle of kids thinking new shit is cool and then growing up 5 years or so and saying the same thing is old garbage.

This has been the cycle since before we were born and will continue past our death.

The recording industry is in its final death throws and will grab at anything that will try to fill the void that modern music distribution has sucked out of their bottom line.

In ten years hipsters are going to be jocking whatever is out then- blast beat sodomy dub, Brazilian techno opera, gangster metal country, who the fuck knows- and you're going to look back and say "Wow, Girl Talk wasn't so bad after all." As long as there's a marketing guy with an idea and an A&R with a plan the music business is going to be able to sell whatever they can to kids that don't know better.

As far as paying for music...I buy CDs directly from bands at shows. The major label stuff I get is all old stuff I already bought at some point in my life and I'm just renewing my license...because you don't really own music, you own the medium it's distributed on but you don't own the rights to to do what you want with it. Since I don't think that's very nice, I play by my own rules.

• Like 1

Comedians made fun of rappers in the 80's for just standing on stage holding their dicks, instead of playing musical instruments.

Now there are hipsters with mac books, pretending to push buttons at the live performances of their pre-recorded mix.

Yes the cycle continues, but it just got a lot gayer.

i give them there props.

there doing the same thing hiphop did with sampling but putting there own spin on it, albeit to dance like epileptic queers walking across hot coles getting ass raped by a donkey. but its got flavor. energy. vibe. and thats the whole point of music.

there having fun. getting high. fucking. doing what younger people do so i got no hate for it and i say its fair game. just dont whine about paying royalties for a chorus you just looped 17 times inna row that you did not write like a little bitch.

also. if it enrages you, try listening to a shitty mashup Dj TRAINWRECK the fuck outta his music. that will be all the shagrinning you need cause that shit is down right comical and UGLY.

and im quite sure, like in any music. especially when its still fairly young and developing and also Dj driven theres a shit ton of absolutely TERRIBLE mash up dj's.

thats payment enough for there faggy dance moves and queer eye for the straight guy dress code.

..there doing the same thing hiphop did with sampling..

Exactly. Focusing on a personal opinion of Girl Talk totally misses the point. This movie seems kind of heavy handed and dumbed down, but what he's getting at is totally valid, and goes beyond some hipster shit. There's a point where everything that can be done in a given form has already been done, so people move on to make new shit, in this case using cultural elements which already have meaning as the primary elements in something new. Same as early hip-hop dj's looping drum breaks from old soul records and building beats out of notes some old drummer played. The tight pants and faggy haircuts make it way harder to take seriously, but it goes beyond that. Every time you throw up UMAD.jpg or 'imma let you finish but..' or whatever meme leaked out of 4chan's ass this week, you're participating in the same thing this guy's getting at.

/noartfag

theres alot more this fruitloop is really getting at but the example of mashups is pretty much invalid.

though i dont listen to mashup cd's or go check out mashup dj's is the fact there just that. Dj's. alotta skill goes into a proper "mashup"

and this girl talk guy is clearly on top of his game. but the fact of the matter is its an accelerated more advanced mix. and since when do club dj's or any other dj's for that matter have to clear copyright shit unless there putting out a cd for release. and really, then they should be paying royalties.

again, theres alot more that this guy is talking about but really, this argument is kinda stupid.

if your usuing someone elses music, flipping it however you want, you should still have to pay royalties to that music maker.

it doesnt make you any less of a music maker. it just means if your using other material as building blocks, then they are entiltled to royalties. case closed.

the very fact alone thet you want to use there hook/chorus/beat or verse shows that its got something worthwhile musicly to it and deserves some respect. im not saying it as "oh this type of music wasnt meant for this or that so you should use it in an electro mashup" i mean it in a sense of a paycheque.

im not really sure what the problem is here. like these guys are bent cause they gotta buck up on sampling rights?

come on.

nothing in life is free, LET ALONE TAKING SOMETHING SOMEONE ELSE HAS CREATED in order to rearrange it and profit from it yourself.

i love these dj's/rappers who get all bent about sampling rights and not wanting to pay the bill when there using it to put on a track cd FOR THEM TO MAKE MONEY OFF.

that mentality is mad corny.

only on point thing you've ever said

I never dug DJ's who don't use vinyl, if he were using records I could see the point for throwing propers but watching some hipster on an imac isn't a show.

From what I heard I'd need two tabs of E and some rails longer than the entire R line to feel that gabage.

I actually saw some "DJ" "so and so" or some shit rocking a pre mixed ipod set recently.

How the fuck you going to give the crowd what they need at that moment when you mixed your set last week nigga?