Fantastic Mr. Fox

earl broclo ESQ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

All i remember of this is me and a friend gettin chucked out of class in school for breaking down laughing at a picture of a man eating a big chicken leg... then detention because we couldnt stop laughing in the corridor.

alas those days of yore. but anyway, my question is, is that man in the movie?

Realism --if they do a good job of making them into movies, I'm happy with that. The only two I'm really psyched on is this and "Where the Wild Things Are." It will give the book a rebirth with parents who read with their kids, and that's a good thing.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, I mean I know I plan on reading these books to my kids whenever the little Realisms come along.

I just think most of the power these books have is in the fact that, well, they're books. The stories and illustrations are great, and a little imagination does the rest (yes I'm aware that sounds homo, fuck off everyone). They don't need to be turned into visual clusterfucks with a bunch of added content for "dramatic value" (which happens far too often).

Kids should be raised on these books, not primarily their film adaptations, which is gonna be used as an easy way out by way too many parents. I dunno I'm clearly being bitter/UMAD about this, but I think these are some sleeping dogs that should just be left to lie.

Yeah. I hear him as well. I'm just a selfish bastard and I'm psyched I'll be able to go see these. Screw the future it's doomed anyways. Kids lose their imagination due to bigger powers at be. Us older folks who grew up on these books can enjoy the movies, and all the little PS4 babies can suck a dick.

True. Love a good video game but it sucks because its taken so much away from imagination. I caught this preview on another site a while back but didnt realize it was after a kids book, at leats one that I was never read. Either way it looked like a pretty good movie. I always like to see these films not only just for the story but the overall awesome work that is put into them.

• 1 month later...