Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shai

THE GRATEFUL DEAD SUPERTHREAD

Post is written with a heavy heart....

My friend and 12ozr "spectr" aka "Illumunati" passed away last night. I feel it appropriate to post it in here, as this was one of the threads ol' boy still posted on, on here, and I believe you knew him, shai. I'm super bummed. Memorial service tomorrow in CA. He's not being buried in his home town of Boston, as his immediate family is all out that way, now. Rest In Peace, JT. You're missed, brother.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

RIP. Solid bloke always down for a chat. That's just the worst news.

Thoughts out to all those that new him, family and friends.

Post is written with a heavy heart....

My friend and 12ozr "spectr" aka "Illumunati" passed away last night. I feel it appropriate to post it in here, as this was one of the threads ol' boy still posted on, on here, and I believe you knew him, shai. I'm super bummed. Memorial service tomorrow in CA. He's not being buried in his home town of Boston, as his immediate family is all out that way, now. Rest In Peace, JT. You're missed, brother.

that's nuts!! wow. i haven't been on 12oz in awhile. probably a year or two, and it's probably been the same length, if not, longer that i've spoken with him.

but, he just hit me up on aim last week, inviting me to this show in santa cruz and an upcoming one in june in tahoe. i told him i'd try and make it out....we chatted briefly catching up on life.

bummed:o

Damn, this is some real shitty news. Haven't been on this site for long but dude seemed mad cool, chatted with him once or twice on tc. Thoughts go out to everyone who knew him personally.

R.I.P. Ill

last week, inviting me to this show in santa cruz and an upcoming one in june in tahoe.

dude lived the life, fuckin knew it, let everyone know

rest in power, mad respect

Rip JT. First I've heard of him passing.

Dude was a crazy fuck. Good guy tho. Thanks for racking me booze buddy. RIP

phish-new_years_eve_1995_b.jpg

Picked up this album for my dad, but I haven't gotten the chance to give it to him yet, so I've been listening to it. Pretty awesome.

I heard snippets of Dave's Picks #9 on a radio program and loved it; ended up downloading the album, fucking great. I never really heard much from The Dead aside from studio albums and never really "got it" until now, hooked. Recommend me some more good live stuff folks, I seriously have been listening to this non stop. Definitely feeling "Playing in The Band", Me And My Uncle" and "El Paso".

Dave's Picks #9: http://www.dead.net/store/1970s/daves-picks-volume-9-harry-adams-field-house-u-montana-51474-cd

I have been enjoying the Grateful Dead channel on SiriusXM lately, first had it on a company truck and now streaming in trial mode or whatever.

The channel could be better but I really like have the selections made for me and some of the commentary is worthwhile, I have a better understanding now of different eras than before and appreciate them in a new way.

Has anyone seen heard from Shai?  

I keep that channel in rotation and like it, but at the same time it does suffer from some of the same issues that other radio does, like certain songs are pretty heavy in the rotation.  

On the other hand, the Dead have a massive catalog, especially with all the live recordings,  and they do play a decent selection of shows.