Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE GRATEFUL DEAD SUPERTHREAD

I'm pretty sure I'm dropping the ball on SF, too. Just got back from AC. They were awesome shows. My bad on being a flake on the phone, too. I sent you a couple texts and will give you a call tomorrow.

Jones Beach>SPAC up next.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Semi relevant...   https://12ozprophet.com/collections/shop    

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/arts/music/robert-hunter-dead.html

Posted Images

Chances are getting better I'll be hitting Lakewood. I have a $150 airline credit thats expiring in a few months I had completely forgot about. Super stoked for this weekend. 2 shows and 2 ballgames in 24 hours. Still not driving. ATL looks easy for someone flying in

Uhhh i want that blotter

I know what you mean Shai, but I have only heard a few songs from different albums so

this will be my first start to finish grateful dead sitting. What I mean is that I have to listen to

everything at least once over to make my mind up on what's good or bad. Not being egotistical

or nothing it's just the way I roll. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Fair enough, but I predict that you will be left asking yourself "What happened after Terrapin Station?" The short answer- age, drugs, and outside producers.

If you want the real deal, I recommend archive.org to everyone.

Hopefully you obtained the remaster of "Live Dead" which is probably their best album.

• 2 weeks later...

Shai - You must really be quite the connoisseur, as I did see them differently after towards the end...

I can defiantly say that the dead should be a staple in any music collection. The dead on wax must be incredible as it is superior

to digital files imho.

Can anyone shed some light about the Deads affiliation with Jefferson Aeroplane. Was there any hostility

between the two bands? I kind of get the Beatles vs Rolling Stones vibe. Its probably just me, just thought I

would ask.

They definitely had one of the best soundsystems I've ever heard.

The streams on archive.org are lossless conversions of soundboard tapes unless otherwise indicated, so if you have a decent system you're hearing a fairly accurate representation of the source material.

This explains the connection to Jefferson Airplane...

http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2010/12/jerry-garcia-surrealistic-pillow.html?m=1

Check out "Happy Trails" by Quicksilver Messenger Service....it's one of the best live albums I've ever heard.

I just missed cheese at the greek, I am not going to be doing a phish afterparty and have no plans other then burning man and being there early for setup as of right now. Anyone go to cheese at the greek? Maybe I should try to find a hornings ticket.

fun times Theme. How do your Lakewood plans look like? Cheap to fly in and out of Atlanta, busy airport. Wish it was a run in Atlanta or even a couple night stand. Should be. Wouldnt mind some Halloween dates. Arena shows. Not real sure thats gonna happen. NYE somewhere different.

Got Furthur lined up Wednesday. Phil can throw down no question but the man has a terrible voice and insists on singing Jerry ballads. Still extra excited. Sucks i cant make it to Chicago tomorrow.

Phil & Friends - Warfield Theater 1999-04-16 Trey, Page, Donna, etc.

Check out the 15th and 17th. real nice.

those phil shows at the Warfield Theater with trey n page remind me of 72-74 with a mature GD setlist. Trey sounds nothing like jerry and they have entirely different playing styles but back in the early 70s before the unfiltered cigarettes got the best of his voice Jerry could sing well enough and hit some notes if he wanted to. Then you got Donnas bad in the mix but over trey instead. Nice to hear her in there. Page doing what Keith did until 78 when he recoiled and stopped caring. The only strike against any of it is Phil trying to sing. Wasn't as bad when Page was singing with him but Phil shouldnt sing.

That St Steven is the biz. The whole run is fire. Really is

Some of my favorite Dead is the acoustic hookups they did in the early 80s at the Warfield.

fun times Theme. How do your Lakewood plans look like? Cheap to fly in and out of Atlanta, busy airport. Wish it was a run in Atlanta or even a couple night stand. Should be. Wouldnt mind some Halloween dates. Arena shows. Not real sure thats gonna happen. NYE somewhere different.

Got Furthur lined up Wednesday. Phil can throw down no question but the man has a terrible voice and insists on singing Jerry ballads. Still extra excited. Sucks i cant make it to Chicago tomorrow.

Phil & Friends - Warfield Theater 1999-04-16 Trey, Page, Donna, etc.

Check out the 15th and 17th. real nice.

Good times, good hanging out. I had to get out of that god forsaken campground and get to a hotel with a shower like you wouldn't have believed. $80 cab ride to Albany? Done.

Atlanta is a go. I've got my flight booked and tickets. I've got that extra pav still, btw. Denver is up in the air until I sort out my "car situation." I'm guessing no Halloween and NYE @ MSG.

That Phil and Phriends is good, but the other one is mo' betta- w/viola lee. If PH didn't get back together, Trey would have been a great fit. At least he's got his own style, as opposed to Kimock, or the other fake Jerry Furthur's got now. Oh well. I'm just glad Phish is back and are finally starting to play killer shows again. Go to Atlanta!

yep working out the details on ATL. My go to sitter told me she would do no more overnights. Its only a day but I have to be covered before I start making travel plans. Seems like an easy quick hitter. Certainly let you kno sooner than later so you can make different arrangements for that ticket if i cant make it. No Halloween is a bummer. No fall no Halloween and MSG...cmon son.

Don't forget to pack some sunblock....after all, your pasty complexion isn't exactly ideal for playa living.

Well why don't you give me a call I just got two fire extinguishers I wanna go play with this week.

Also I'm not worried about the sun, I have it from good sources that, that little problem is going to be dealt with and we are no longer going to have to worry about the big ball of fiery death in the sky anymore.