THE GRATEFUL DEAD SUPERTHREAD

shai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Metalworking shop. They do welding and forging, no casting or machining. Mostly decorative steelwork like gates and light fixtures, some furniture, etc. We were forging knives out of railroad spikes. Or trying to.

When I get a copy of that CD I'll upload it then link it here. It's pretty good.

I'm looking for a copy of a cover of "Stella Blue" by Jesse McReynolds that I heard the other day. It's on an album called "Songs Of The Grateful Dead" he did last year...if you can find it, let me know. I'm striking out.

• 4 weeks later...
That Good Lovin[/url]

Actually the whole show. Love them 1970- early 71 hookups

Cost me a buck and a quarter for my pony ride.

20 more dollars when the doctor was by my side

hes got those needles

said brotha you in trouble

Most of what I've been listening to has been posted over here...with the Furthur/Rainbow crowd around where I live in full force I really can't get into the Dead right now, since they pretty much spoil it for me.

I did meet some okay Deadheads at a folk show at my neighbor's house the other night. Like me, they were raised in the scene...unlike me, they chose to stick with it.

friend of mine dug out a bunch of vinyl yestd including a bunch of dead

steal your face double lp

american beauty

grateful dead (skull & roses)

mars hotel

wake of the flood

terrapin station

it was cool to see, all in very good quality with the orig. liner notes and all that.

american beauty still my favorite imo. can't get enough.

I might be wrong but I think you have to download the .shn file and stream it...it's kind of inconvenient since most players don't support .shn files and not all shows have .m3u files associated with them. Or you can do what I do and download the whole set (right click, save as .mp3 to a folder) and make a playlist out of them. Slightly more time consuming but then you have the whole show to mess around with as you please.

Archive.org is a good thing to support but I don't know what kind of priority the Dead archives get, who maintains them, etc. Since they're local, some day I'll go check out how they do what they do.

On a different note- I finally found the Jesse McReynolds album, but it's got some errors in the rip (CD skipped or something). I might upload it if I can manage to fit it in with my schedule.

Pointfive- IMO all of those albums are good besides the first and last on the list. "Mars Hotel" and "Wake of the Flood" are way underrated....if your friend has the original GD Records pressings in good shape they're lucky.

Ages ago I had this shitty call centre job for a minute. One of my co workers had spent a large part of his youth, follwing the grateful dead around by hitch hiking and taking/selling acid.

I didn't talk to him much because he was a fucking weirdo...but I thought the explanation for his weirdo status was better than most.

That's one of the main reasons I became disenchanted with the scene...a close friend of mine completely lost their shit on hallucinogenics while on tour and wound up in prison. I never got the whole story but my guess is that no one was looking out for him.

Shit happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Ages ago I had this shitty call centre job for a minute. One of my co workers had spent a large part of his youth, follwing the grateful dead around by hitch hiking and taking/selling acid.

I didn't talk to him much because he was a fucking weirdo...but I thought the explanation for his weirdo status was better than most.

waddya mean man? you sure you're not the weirdo?

Sick Jerry acoustic: