music that you are ashamed you like so much

jugzer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am prone to listen to what some of you would consider "hipster music" but I blame that on a few things-

-Most popular music is crap.

-I've worked in record stores here and there over the years.

-I was a DJ (live and broadcast).

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been playing a lot of indie and early emo lately that I missed out on in the 90s. I tried to listen to some newer emo the other afternoon while working on a project- I'm talking Jejune and Thursday...1997 or so. No dice, it just wasn't happening.

Over the years I've been told a million times I have good taste in music....I didn't believe it until I started noticing what I didn't like. For instance, I seldom listen to new music these days. The Dead Weather is probably the newest album I have and I'm not ashamed of that at all, they're a pretty damn good band.

I didn't read the whole thread but I'm really having trouble thinking of stuff I'm ashamed to listen to. I'm sure I listen to alot of shit that ooontzers would consider "gay" but I'm not ashamed of it. that said I've been listening to this once a day since the start of the month.

Joe Esposito You're The Best Around

sorry its not really a real video.

I listen to tons of music your average e-thug homo would call "gay."

I have to admit I grow board quickly with complete Songs Ohia albums. This song is fucking badass (no/pun) though.

That is Random Noise Generation on a Jeff Mills DVD.

I also like a select amount of house music. It's more about the skill of the DJ mixing that music though. The tracks are fine alone, but if mixed right, it's impressive. I probably would never have appreciated this music if I never stood in a packed club with a world famous DJ playing over a million dollar sound system.

my mum told me about fiest and i was like "nah sounds gay, any music you suggest is gonna be put in that category". then a few months later i was listerning to a gonzales album (yes this is somthing i am ashamed to have.. mind you i do like some of his beats) and i saw "feat. bitch lap lap(fiest)". i was wondering where i herd that name (fiest) so after a simple you tube searched i found myself mesmerised by my moon my man and 1234

i am now contemplating downloading her album.

I openly like MGMT also..you niggas to picky...

Heres some stuff I like that is easy to hate on.

Aquabats-Fashion Zombies

Whats funny is that they're making fun of the same kind of kids that get bitched about on ch.0 all the time.

fuck who dont like the Aquabats!!

goofy as hell. my steelo..

ha! as a matter of fact, i did wear a grille to the show & got frisky with some random underage emo chick (i was 23 or 24 at the time =o ) you would be amazed at the amount of fresh tail at a shitfest like that. plus my boy was so wasted he jumped off a bench and broke his knee. imagine having to tell people "so yeah the reason i walk with a limp is because i broke my leg at a FOB concert..."

good times.

• 2 weeks later...