T-----H-----E--------L-----O-----N-----G------• Now

El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Having a longer attention span, and to think deeper, and about a broader range of subject, to stop and think is a great thing and almost a lost science.

MOre and more people see intelligence, and intellect, and patience, and the minds they occupy as something bad. It's not "cool" to be smart and contemplative.

Re: T-----H-----E--------L-----O-----N-----G------• Now

An argument can also be made that due to the increasingly accelerated pace of living, which is only gonna get faster and faster and faster, a reduced attention span and the ability to process a large number of varying stimuli (even superficially) is a natural evolution of the human mind in reaction to the demands of its immediate social environment. It might turn out to be a desirable thing within human civilization to make such a drastic switch in mental processing.

That said, while humanity keeps accelerating, the rest of the world doesn't follow suit. It's important to keep that in mind, and it's essential that we maintain "guardians" of patience keeping tabs and reminding us of what's happening outside our bubble.

Frankly, I think "human" life (if we're still around) in 10k years is gonna be completely incomprehensible to us right now and its hard to say what inherent value there will be in a mechanical clock that works around our current perceptive and physical abilities.

Most important, however, is the fact that if you switch the order on the first two images in this thread, something amazing happens:

general-ClockAllBlw1_00Lo.jpg

longphoto-clock-ofthe-long-now.jpg

An argument can also be made that due to the increasingly accelerated pace of living, which is only gonna get faster and faster and faster, a reduced attention span and the ability to process a large number of varying stimuli (even superficially) is a natural evolution of the human mind in reaction to the demands of its immediate social environment. It might turn out to be a desirable thing within human civilization to make such a drastic switch in mental processing.

That said, while humanity keeps accelerating, the rest of the world doesn't follow suit. It's important to keep that in mind, and it's essential that we maintain "guardians" of patience keeping tabs and reminding us of what's happening outside our bubble.

Frankly, I think "human" life (if we're still around) in 10k years is gonna be completely incomprehensible to us right now and its hard to say what inherent value there will be in a mechanical clock that works around our current perceptive and physical abilities.

Most important, however, is the fact that if you switch the order on the first two images in this thread, something amazing happens:

general-ClockAllBlw1_00Lo.jpg

longphoto-clock-ofthe-long-now.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!penis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having a longer attention span, and to think deeper, and about a broader range of subject, to stop and think is a great thing and almost a lost science.

MOre and more people see intelligence, and intellect, and patience, and the minds they occupy as something bad. It's not "cool" to be smart and contemplative.

2dim6p3.jpg

• Like 1

incorrect.

the point is to somehow build a mechanism using various gears that will actually be able to keep track of a measurement of our days.

exapmle: the time at which the sun sets, to which the sun goes down may be measured using this tool to figure out how long it took.

also, we will be able to use this revelation as a marker to set routines.

i beleive we may also be able to sync up this mechanical ingenious to the ammount of time it takes the sun to do one complete revelation around our world.

groundbreaking stuff really.

think about how much easier life will be when you have an actual grid to map out your day(s) get up for work in the morning or simply just brew the perfect cup of coffee.

cooking will be less "feel" and more "real" or so to speak.

where before when i would cook a steak my tool of measurment would be the length of life it took me to drink a beer.

now, i wont always have to drink a beer while cooking. i can simply look at this machine and it will tell me how long and i may enjoy a shot. or perhaps a mixed drink which depending on the variety may or take longer or lesser ammounts of life to drink than a can of beer.

personaly i think this invention is great.

slap some diamonds on it and wrap it in dead cow skin and ill put one on my wrist even.

What the fuck is this nerd shit?!

Lets talk about my nigga naughty nick.

Naughty%20Nick_jpg.jpg

Niggas steady trying to nail some bitches.

ALL DAY.

Got word is bond. Nigga short Joe from round the way heard Naughty Nick been dickin down Lucy Lamp Lady while them 3 sheep motherfuckers was watchin ya dig?

Lucy%20Lamp%20Lady_jpg.jpg

Bitch is a dime piece. Got word is bond.

• Like 1