Coffee makers...

ShortFuse

So I love me some coffee like most in this world today. So I've been looking into some of those pod coffee makers. Nice and fresh one cup brews. Was curious if any of the ontzers have ideas upon these things....

I came across the Keurig brewing systems and Tassimo systems. So far the Keurig ones look like the better choice. Ideas??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you are talking about the system where each cup of coffee comes measured in a little envelope of filter. Those things suck and the pods are overpriced. Its a gimmick nothing more.

The best cup of coffee is made with a simple cone system filled with boiling water from the stove.

In recent years I have crossed over from that system to a regular coffee maker mainly because of my girlfriend.

The Italian looking brand is not so bad. To make instant put the coffee and a little sugar in the cup then add just a tablespoon or so of water, mix that shit up real good and then add the rest of the water. Makes a little difference in the finished cup.

A coffee cone is only a couple of dollars.

• 4 years later...

Thread Revival.

defibrillator-paddles.gif

Got a medium sized present during the holidays and wondered what it was for weeks sitting under the tree. Jesus brithday came and i opened this

7876a66_27.jpeg

not into anything flavored or fancy so i was a little skeptical.

Bought a 50 count box of coffee from costco and a few folgers and donut house boxes at target.

Seriously comes in handy, faster than brewing a pot of coffee, Has options for brew sizes. Warms ups quick. can have a 12oz cup of coffee in under 2 mins from power on to sippin.

Got the K-Cup special edition for my mom and one for my sister. They both love it.

But my mom being the cheap skate she is got the refillable "K-Cup" where you just dump ground coffee in the reusable holder when you want to brew a new cup, instead of using a new individual one time use k-cup. (the one from the infomercial) I tried it, weak sauce. I had the regular one tho. Not so bad. I still prefer Starbucks Clover Machine if Im on the road otherwise I found 2 shops in my neck of the woods that make damn good coffee.

Got the K-Cup special edition for my mom and one for my sister. They both love it.

But my mom being the cheap skate she is got the refillable "K-Cup" where you just dump ground coffee in the reusable holder when you want to brew a new cup, instead of using a new individual one time use k-cup. (the one from the infomercial) I tried it, weak sauce. I had the regular one tho. Not so bad. I still prefer Starbucks Clover Machine if Im on the road otherwise I found 2 shops in my neck of the woods that make damn good coffee.

i saw those refillable ones also. Its 15 bucks. The kirkland brand medium roast is decent. Takes two cups to get me a buzz but the flavor is right on point. i bought the starbucks k cups medium roast. has a really bold flavor for being medium roast but still good. I got a 12 pack of Folgers black silk and damn i though i could hear my hair growing after two cups of that :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled:

my girl found this Wolfgang Puck breakfast blend at Ross Dress for Less in their home section. Some of the best coffee ive ever had out of a plastic container.

Will advise on the Puck suggestion. Its always nice giving gifts out of the blue. How much do they go for? I got them the Starbucks christmas blend in January because it was on sale, they have a pretty quick expiration which I wasn't aware of. Gotta drink these things quick.

18 count of K Cups was $9.95

I think they usually go for about $12 or $13

11964XLarge.gif

That's what it looks like.

Still haven't tried any of the iced tea's for flavored stuff. I prefer the taste of black coffee over anything.

I have the following - my personal perception on the matter is how much time I have and where I will be making or requiring the coffee.

Camping and in my trailer, so over an open fire or gas cooktop:

11971241351983293676pipo_italian_coffee_maker.svg.med.png

Kureig in my house for mornings - quick and easy, no mess, do like:

10106550_front.jpg

Espresso Machine in said house, when I feel like a bar drink:

Products3686-800x800-238463.jpg

tot_poker has this unit for camping:

8663_16010835529.jpg

Haha I saw this thread in the top of the list and thought...crap did I get trashed last night and start a thread!?! Nope someone just revived it. Good timing actually. Ive had this bar regular talking about Bullet Proof coffee for a while. SO its started from some guy whos, I dunno, probably a total douche. This is his site

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/

Anyways. Its like 8 oz of coffee, tbs of grass feed butter, tsp or more of coconut oil or MCT, and blended. I gave it a try the other day and it was actually pretty good. Kinda like a not so sweet frothy latte. The butter give the coffee a nice creamy flavor. I plan on doing a test run to see if the whole "benefits" to it are actually worth the extra effort.

I assume you are talking about the system where each cup of coffee comes measured in a little envelope of filter. Those things suck and the pods are overpriced. Its a gimmick nothing more.

The best cup of coffee is made with a simple cone system filled with boiling water from the stove.

In recent years I have crossed over from that system to a regular coffee maker mainly because of my girlfriend.

I would like to state for the record that my position on the k-cup system has changed, there was one at my last office and it was nicer than a standard coffee machine brewing comparable beans.

Work has a Keurig. I fuck with it. K cups are too expensive for the amount of coffee I drink, though. No sense in having one at home.

Plain old drip maker or a French press are what I prefer, as long as the coffee is good quality.

Cost is the biggest con.

Bought the 100 count from Costco for $47 bucks. Less than .50 cents a cup but still not cheaper than buying ground coffee in a pot.

No clean up, or washing pots is whats up :cool:

Do you own or use anything made out of plastic?

Then you fuck the environment in some way whether you recycle or not. The oil and gas industry makes your plastic, we all support it, and it's far more damaging then k-cups.

The K-Cup gimmick is a time saver for sure, not the best coffee either, and fortunately non-recyclable.

I didn't buy my machine either, it was a gift.