Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jerseyjoeart

CLASH OF THE TITANS (Graffiti Battle in Melbourne, Australia)

clashofthetitans_web_flyer.jpg

This is an every man for themselves, winner take all battle for $20,000! No bullshit themes, sideways rules, or collaborating on this one. Just solid style and an attempt to prove who wants it the most! I’ve been waiting for years for something like this to come along! Expect a lot!!

A legit roster of artists chosen by REVOK will be competing, including: AROK (UK), ASKEW (NEW ZEALAND), CES (USA), DEMS (SPAIN), DMOTE (AUSTRALIA), EWOK, (USA), POSE (USA), RIME (USA), SOFLES, (AUSTRALIA), VANS (AUSTRALIA)

Yo doooooddzz!

Legal graffiti competitions iz where its at G!

I cant wait to see all my faverrrrite graff ritaz crip walking an shit!

SHit is legit yo!

hmmmm,, seems you dont have to do REAL graffiti to be picked for this event.real heads from adelaide will know what im on about,hella dope idea but!! TEAR IT UP SOFLES!!!!

This sounds to fucking homo to describe. Graffiti competitions, put on by paint companies, with cash prizes, and featuring all you toys hero's you idolize. This has nothing to do with graffiti, and everything to do with selling out graffiti so some hipster fucks can get paid for faking it.

• Like 1

This sounds to fucking homo to describe. Graffiti competitions, put on by paint companies, with cash prizes, and featuring all you toys hero's you idolize. This has nothing to do with graffiti, and everything to do with selling out graffiti so some hipster fucks can get paid for faking it.

which 1 of these guys hasnt put in work all around the world illegally ??? which 1 of these guys fakes it ??? and its pretty sick theyre gett $20000 just for a battle....shit i kno you would try if u had half the talent ...who cant use $20,000 for painting ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Like 1

tight shit, guess Revok compromised on his limit a little bit, he said no MSK head would be involved with a purse less than 50K. 20K ain't bad at all though, bullshit aside.

Sofles/Rime/Ewok/Pose/Ces is the battle right there. Everybody else will place behind them...

which 1 of these guys hasnt put in work all around the world illegally ??? which 1 of these guys fakes it ??? and its pretty sick theyre gett $20000 just for a battle....shit i kno you would try if u had half the talent ...who cant use $20,000 for painting ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You fail to grasp the wider implications of putting your name to this event.

By participating in the competition you are reducing graffiti to a commodity thats value is judged within a mainstream capitalist framework. Furthermore by competing for money, you are presenting a distinctly anti authoritarian art form in a humiliating and subservient manner in the hope of winning a nice little reward.

This competition sets a new standard for the definition of selling out.

• Like 1

I can understand the argument here but can't support it either way. Everyone has there own opinions on graffiti because there are no set rules in place. For mine it's just something fun I do. For others it's a lifestyle. For others it's a living. In the end though it doesn't really matter what the fuck people are painting for as long as they are enjoying it.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now