snowboarding.

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Setup

Team-Gooner-top.jpg

TECHNINE_BASKETBALL_BINDING.jpg

mens_32_thirty_two_lashed_snowboard_boot_reviews_67368_300.jpg

I just snatched the setup a few weeks ago and unfortunately I will be going to jail for 6 months before the snow falls out here, so I wont even get to fucking use it :mad:

You're a fuck wit, you probably ruined someones holliday. Ps i have the same boots

Im doing a season in canada leaving in a week for the job fairs.

Riding a K2 darkstar + rome 390s

ill try alameda county spot i guess.. over by pleasanton cuz there be some rich folks round bouts up therrrr

NorSki in Pleasanton is pretty dope. They have a lot of good deals and probably the best prices in the area. It's off of Hopyard Rd.

Boarding is cool and all, but only if you have the most expensive and flashy gear to rock on the slopes. Fanny packs and neon are making a comeback.

Asbjorn%20-%20Verbier%20-%20Fullsize.jpg

I can't stand the ridiculous shit so many kids wear. Neon zubaz style coats, plaid looking jackets with neon yellow pants hanging off the ass and like 3 bandanas hanging off the pants for no reason, etc. I keep it black. Plain, simple, functional waterproof shit. I don't think i paid more than $50 for my pants since they had been sitting around the shop for years and had been price cut repeatedly since everyone seems to be all about the ridiculous colors. Also grabbed a really nice, waterproof northface jacket last year on sale for like $150 since it was a year old, then everything was 50% off as well so it only ended up costing me $75. Fuck if i know how they do it, but if i open the armpit vents and unzip my coat a little, its perfect temp with a tshirt even on hot days, and if i throw on a sweatshirt it keep me plenty warm on even the coldest days.

My old jacket, if it was at all warm, i'd be fucking sweating bullets even if i had on a tshirt. I think i just overheat easily though, since i almost always have my gloves and hat off for part of the lift ride, even when its chilly out.

On an unrelated note, i searched for my colorado/utah ultra photothread from last year and it looks like it got lost in the big crash. Weak.

Really poorly stitched panoramic i took from the top of a peak in Utah. Can't remember which resort it was at for the life of me though

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/MrChupacabra/UT%20CO%2009/Utahpanoramic.jpg?t=1254902915 (zoom in to 100% for maximum detail. durr)

IMG_1829.jpg?t=1254902845

RIP Paul

• Like 1

When it comes to clothing, Siver Cartel was the best fly by night ski clothing operation to ever exist. Easily the best fitting jackets (none of this cumbersome oversized bullshit, but not "fitted" either) and in seven years not a single stitch has ever come undone. Started in about 2002 by pro skier Mike Nick, they made some great gear for 5 or 6 years. Then it disappeared. You now can find all their gear at bargain bin prices in places like TJ Maxxx. A damn shame.

LibTechTravisRiceProMTXScnd.jpg

beautiful board. well, ive only ever had rentals before this one but this one is fucking amazing.

ride_lx_bindings_black_240706_141012.jpg

ride lx bindings. only i dont have snow flakes on mine.

and burton boots.

i also keep it all black.

actually im about to get a new jacket. one i got is several years old, and although it served me well over the years its time to move on. any recommendations?

some of em? fuck...

Getting my pass soon. Might be getting a heavenly pass because that's where most people i would be going up with go. But I love sierra, and would much rather get the double whammy. or sierra only would do. south shore rocks shit.

If my current lack of being able to find a job continues, i'm contemplating ski bumming it for the winter, or at least working any job i can find in a city close to the mountains like denver or boulder. If i'm going to be making shit wages for a few months, i might as well do it somewhere that i can get out and ride a couple days a week.

Plus, being able to get in more than 5 or 10 days of riding in a year, i could really step my shit up. I consider myself good and am fine on most anything short of long, thin chutes, ridiculously tight trees, and the straight down type of shit like in the first picture up there. I'd like to clean it up a bit though, but when i take two 5 day trips, the first day of both is partially a warmup, then since i don't do it often, by the 4th and 5th days i start getting pretty beat towards the end of the day. If i got a full season of riding twice a week or more, i'd probably be able to start getting into a lot more backcountry shit, and get myself in good enough shape to hike to some peaks when there is amazing powder to be had.

I'm getting myself all excited just thinking about it. fffffffffuuuuuuuu

I went snowboarding when I was young and lived in Northern Virginia.

It was pretty fun.

I think this winter I am going to go snowboarding on the Alps.

I figure I might as well do it while I am here, instead of being a big sissy baby and letting life and opportunities pass me by.

Although I have a feeling that I will probably end up trading in the snowboard for a sled and sledding until I can't sled no more.

Stowe(Vermont) Has become one of my favorites on the east coast. If anyone knows the trail the Kitchen wall there is mad fun to be had on it for days. Decent night life in the area and good cheap rooms. Sheeeiit my boy and I even picked up a register clerk and chick moppin the floor at the Mobil station next to our room, smoked out and smashed. Good times.

Stowe(Vermont) Has become one of my favorites on the east coast. If anyone knows the trail the Kitchen wall there is mad fun to be had on it for days. Decent night life in the area and good cheap rooms. Sheeeiit my boy and I even picked up a register clerk and chick moppin the floor at the Mobil station next to our room, smoked out and smashed. Good times.

Amen to that.

I miss Stowe. I used to live in Burlington and would hit up that area many times a week.