snowboarding.

iloveboxcars

I suggest always staying away from the park. I mean, i understand being a park rat if you live somewhere where there are no mountains, so you're stuck at a tiny little hill, but if you have mountains, why the fuck are you wasting your time in the park? Either go ride real runs, go ride trees/backcountry, or go make jumps off trail/backcountry and take advantage of the powder. It always blows my mind how there can be a snow day, and the park will still be packed with people hitting jumps with groomed landings and rails and other bullshit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To skywalker- Flow bindings are garbage. And I am not just saying that out my ass. I have owned a pair. Are you from the Bay Area by any chance? edit: you might just be trolling with that flow bindings statement, in which case screw off. But if you are serious, no they are not good bindings.

Cabra- I see what you mean, but when there is shit snow everywhere else, I am in the park. No sense going through the trees when it's icy as balls and no fun. Luckily I live in CA, so it's not icy all season. Powder days are all about the tree runs though.

anyone got any tips on a good board/setup?

im planning to buy a board

i've been snowboarding for a bit now, but never got around to buying my own decided it was time now that i have a job.

anyone heard of a board called silence glider??

some guy is giving me a sweet deal on it...but i dunno, how can you tell if its good or not.

and ZUMA bindings??any good?

the limited research i just did on the silence brand tells me they arent worth much.

and zuma... i cant really find anything on them.

i would buy tried and true bindings. i use Ride. remember that almost all of the pressure during snowboarding is in the ankle/foot area and if you arent strapped in properly you can hurt yourself pretty bad. you dont want to be riding around for 5+ hours with something that is not right for you.

I'm riding a Ride Machete this season, ridden approx 70 days it's on it's last legs now.

7 full cracks on the heel edge and 5 on the toe edge. Blown out the core twice but it's been repaired, and the topsheet has just started to get big cracks which = a new board from warranty :).

Im riding about 40% park 60% freeriding. I love the board to death and would recommend it to anyone as an all mountain board that is still more than capable doing presses on rails.

Also Rome bindings have a life time warranty, I broke both base plates and a high back and had them replaced free of charge.

Word of advice is avoid DC boards, Ive had 4 friends break DC boards this season and one more than twice, defs a manufacturors defect.

Have ridden Gnu Riders choice and also love that board to death.

ROME is the shit.

I'm riding an SDS Wide and it's easily one of the best all around boards I've had.

Good people making good products.

Check them out if you're not familiar.

This.

I was hoping to get me a 2010 agent for cheap(er) at the end of the season but now I'm having trouble finding any that are left over!!

I was also looking at the artifact 1985 which has that new reverse camber superpop tech but I don't do a whoooole lot of park riding in the mountains so I'm kind of undecided at the moment.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Technine MFM are the only bindings I ever want to ride again. But just for arguments sake, anybody ridden union bindings out there? I

scared of change, I need an opinion.

Also Shaun whites double corked 1260 back to back was sick. Everbody else should just quit riding pipe (nh) because this dude owns it until he retires, basically.

union bindings are legit. flow not so much. technines are cool and all but they're made of plastic and when its real cold or after alot of use the screws loosen and the binding overall falls apart(but props to them for they too have a lifetime warranty and will mail parts to u without needing the broken ones) anyway i've been rockin k2 formula bindings from the year previous it is the second time i've had formulas they help me destroy everything infront of me rails/jumps/logs/rocks lodges whatever..but the new ones K2 put out the Auto is lighter and only has one strap that needs to be cranked down..

rippp it.

Kept riding this because, I had no other board to ride and this is my 4th for the season. Ended up breaking the nose and now it's totally unridable.

4439189362_d1933149a4_b.jpg

Im sure it's a warranty, as I've had this board for about 10 days, but Forum are apparently extremely hard to deal with...