snowboarding.

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking to buy a board used since I'm a beginner. I friends offering a 4 yr old burton board with bindings for 130, is that good deal?

I'm not 100% sure about the condition but it's obviously used.

most important thing is the size and type of board. since you're a beginner the condition wont matter too much unless its splintering, in which case your friend is a dick and isn't your friend at all for trying to sell you that shit. just make sure the edges are in decent condition, and before you go out to the mountain get a wax and sharpening.

i'd talk him down to 100.

Check the edges where your heel would be and see if that shit is worn down.

Also check the bottom to see how many deep gouges are in it.

4 years old could mean nothing if dude don't ride really much and it could be worth it.

If its really worn out, especially the metal edges it should just be a kick down and not $100.

Check the edges where your heel would be and see if that shit is worn down.

Also check the bottom to see how many deep gouges are in it.

4 years old could mean nothing if dude don't ride really much and it could be worth it.

If its really worn out, especially the metal edges it should just be a kick down and not $100.

if he rode it a lot and liked the board wouldn't he have gotten his edges sharpened and waxed it? i don't buy second hand but it's what i do when selling a board. i don't know if that'd be a good indication. just my thoughts. but 130 is not much at all for any burton board plus bindings.

Why would you ever say something like this? I'm not superstitious, but you're inviting disaster.

people say shit like this to me all the time. mainly because when people tell me to drive safe i'll say hopefully i get in a horrible car wreck. i obviously dont mean it, and it never happens.

nothing has happened to me yet.

here watch this.

hopefully i'll get hurt really bad when i go on my snowboard trip in the next couple weeks.

nothing will happen. and if it does, it wasn't because i spoke these words.

I just spent 2 days riding in Kimberley BC over new years. I rode with a couple dudes who I thought were a lot better than me, but I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping up with them. First time I've ever hit tree runs and off the map type shit, can't wait until I get to ride again...

I'm going to try and pick up this badboy when all the 2010 shit goes on sale.

8sb305rome-119907_d.jpg

if he rode it a lot and liked the board wouldn't he have gotten his edges sharpened and waxed it? i don't buy second hand but it's what i do when selling a board. i don't know if that'd be a good indication. just my thoughts. but 130 is not much at all for any burton board plus bindings.

I used to get kick downs a lot when I lived in Colorado, no job usually so I took whatever I could get.

I'm not talking about dull edges, I'm talking worn down where your heels would be so bad it's beyond sharpening.

Like most of the metal is worn off the edge near the heels beyond repair

I did that to a few boards and have seen edges even come loose.

- Exbrokemofooner

Do any of you snowboarder types have a recommendation for a jacket i could get for cheap? I'm looking for shit that's on sale (like under $150)- older models, discontinued shit, whatever. I would prefer something with a removable liner, if possible.

This is a perfect example of what I'm looking for- waterproof, on sale, and with a removable liner, but they don't have a medium.

I don't snowboard much, but I'm outside a lot and the shop I work for does snow removal come wintertime so I need something waterproof.

I used to get kick downs a lot when I lived in Colorado, no job usually so I took whatever I could get.

I'm not talking about dull edges, I'm talking worn down where your heels would be so bad it's beyond sharpening.

Like most of the metal is worn off the edge near the heels beyond repair

I did that to a few boards and have seen edges even come loose.

- Exbrokemofooner

I gotcha. yeah I've been riding my rock board for about 11 years now. I'm 6'5" and it's a 151. the edges are shot and the wax has more holes and gouges in it than swiss cheese. but when the main runs have dirt patches, fuck using my new boards.

I've only seen the edges torn off from rails or big rocks, didn't know you could wear them down that much, considering i've been on mine for 11 year and am DEFINITELY pushing the limits of what the board can handle.

Psm, if you wanna get to Vancouver I can hook you up, max of 8 people, but 40% off the food and free non alcoholic drinks, beers pretty much cancel out the 40% up here. but free riding. multiple days as well if you want.

• Like 1

I wish I had pics of that board, there was almost no metal left on it in the heels, not the only one I've seen like that either.

I was in Colorado and just rode almost every day, no job in the winter.

Tons of back country shit like Loveland pass, city rails and other jibber shit.

We used to hit the streets when it was blizzard conditions every time.

Coming off of rails landing on asphalt you can kill an edge in a couple days.

Peep this old ass video, I filmed most of the day stuff except the homeless guy interview.

My boy edited it, we're not great boarders but this shit is funny.

• Like 1

haha. sick. i forgot about off hill riding. It's been three years since i hit anything off hill since i live on the mountain during the winter and have no car. also living in Vancouver during the winter equates to minimal to no snow on the ground out of the mountains. Toronto had plenty of street stuff though, kind of surprised i haven't done the same as you have to my edges now that I think about it.

Seeing all that powder makes me hate this winter even more.I'll try and take flicks of what Grouse is looking like when it stops down pouring. it's dismal at best and we're going to be pushing out the park just to have enough snow to get down the hill. two seasons ago 10+ meters. this season, 30 cm of natural.

• Like 1

Psm, if you wanna get to Vancouver I can hook you up, max of 8 people, but 40% off the food and free non alcoholic drinks, beers pretty much cancel out the 40% up here. but free riding. multiple days as well if you want.

Thanks, man.. Sounds like a great deal.. But were trying to just drive up for a couple days from NY. Thats why we are trying to keep it northeast.. but if ever in the north west, ill def. hit ya up.

got up to tahoe last weekend and did some skiing for the first time in 3 years. soooooo glad to see the numbers of faggots rocking insanely colorful/allover print gear has dwindled down to a manageable few. im not sure if the uniform of the trendwhore has changed or if they all arent skiing anymore but im glad to see skiing no longer is a fashion show.

the snow was crap tho and all i own are powder skis. not good.

Been in Colorado for almost 2 months now and i'm just now going riding for the first time this friday, saturday, sunday since my dad is coming into town. I think the plan is Breckenridge all 3 days, since they have almost 20inches more base than A Basin and Keystone...but the catch is breck still only has a 46" base. Where the fuck is the snow at? Halfway through January and not even 50 inches, and nowhere is even 100% open. Depressing.