Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iloveboxcars

snowboarding.

If my current lack of being able to find a job continues, i'm contemplating ski bumming it for the winter, or at least working any job i can find in a city close to the mountains like denver or boulder. If i'm going to be making shit wages for a few months, i might as well do it somewhere that i can get out and ride a couple days a week.

Plus, being able to get in more than 5 or 10 days of riding in a year, i could really step my shit up. I consider myself good and am fine on most anything short of long, thin chutes, ridiculously tight trees, and the straight down type of shit like in the first picture up there. I'd like to clean it up a bit though, but when i take two 5 day trips, the first day of both is partially a warmup, then since i don't do it often, by the 4th and 5th days i start getting pretty beat towards the end of the day. If i got a full season of riding twice a week or more, i'd probably be able to start getting into a lot more backcountry shit, and get myself in good enough shape to hike to some peaks when there is amazing powder to be had.

I'm getting myself all excited just thinking about it. fffffffffuuuuuuuu

I went snowboarding when I was young and lived in Northern Virginia.

It was pretty fun.

I think this winter I am going to go snowboarding on the Alps.

I figure I might as well do it while I am here, instead of being a big sissy baby and letting life and opportunities pass me by.

Although I have a feeling that I will probably end up trading in the snowboard for a sled and sledding until I can't sled no more.

I was actually thinking about snowboarding yesterday! I cant wait to get out this season. FINALLY living in Canada is paying off.

Stowe(Vermont) Has become one of my favorites on the east coast. If anyone knows the trail the Kitchen wall there is mad fun to be had on it for days. Decent night life in the area and good cheap rooms. Sheeeiit my boy and I even picked up a register clerk and chick moppin the floor at the Mobil station next to our room, smoked out and smashed. Good times.

I had a friend almost convince me to go snowboarding with him, but I couldn't for whatever reason. He came back with broken ribs, and I was happy I didn't go.

Cool story me.

you still missed out man ^

nothin like drinkin a beer on the lift or in the trees or smokin a bowl in those spots.

fuck i cant wait for the season!

Stowe(Vermont) Has become one of my favorites on the east coast. If anyone knows the trail the Kitchen wall there is mad fun to be had on it for days. Decent night life in the area and good cheap rooms. Sheeeiit my boy and I even picked up a register clerk and chick moppin the floor at the Mobil station next to our room, smoked out and smashed. Good times.

Amen to that.

I miss Stowe. I used to live in Burlington and would hit up that area many times a week.

anyone got a close up of the new tech-nine board with all the freights on it...kinda corny just wanna see the graff on it though

FIRST OFF...thanks for starting a new SNOWBOARD thread...

COLORADO is off to a good start...been to keystone.abay.n.loveland.....can't wait till it really dumps

here is a picture of a fresh board..

14kyy5k.jpg

I'm going to Silverthorne/Breckenridge/Vail/Aspen with friends for New Years. Originally I was going to sit and watch them snowboard while I drink, but I think I might give it a shot.

Goin to visit a friend in STEAMBOAT bitchez!

Can't fuckn wait.

Got some new grenade mitts and grenade jacket plus some Burton CO2 bindings at snowjam oVer the weekend. Abut $350 all together.

Fuckin love snowjam. Everything 40-60% off making room for new season of gear.

Moving into my new place in Denver this upcoming weekend. Getting to ride on any off days i have > only getting to ride 5-10 days a year, and having to fly out west to do so. Success.

• Like 2

i havent snowboarded in a long ass time, but before i got laid off from my job i copped myself a 8-10 ft long desk that i think we're gonna stash on a hill somewhere and try and get some snowboarding done this year and grind the shit outta it.

i used to love jumping over small creaks and rivers, dropping off like 5 ft cliffs and shit. fs 180 stalefishes were my shit.

^

JELLY

I had my first day on the mountain today, spend the day riding at marmot basin with my old lady

Still teaching her how to ride properly, she learned how to link her turns really good today.

I don't mind at all because it lets me practice riding switch allllllllll day, can't wait to get back out.

Think I might treat myself to a new deck this year...

i taught my ex how to ride and swore i would just pay for an instructor with the next one

usually not short tempered but it pisses me off when they are afraid to fall :lol:

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now