snowboarding.

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Bumping this thread cos it's almost that time of year again!!!

I'm going to get me some new boots today I think. Been riding the same pair for the last 4 or 5 years and I think they are ready to be retired. Gonna take a look at the nike SB's and see how I like em, seem to be reasonably priced.

I think I'm about due for new bindings this year. My board is old as shit too, but i love it.

I'm really out of the loop on gear though. Does Drake still make really nice bindings? I've had a pair of drakes since probably 2003 and they're still as rock solid as they were 8 years ago. toe caps on the front strap intrigue me though, and a lot of the new bindings have them.

Gnu's are quality boards

Yeah, I've really been happy with it. Granted, I haven't tried a different board in probably 6 years, but I haven't really felt the need to. I split the nose on the thing the first year I had it, so it has a pretty sweet 2 inch battle scar that was fixed up really nicely, but I've had no issue with it whatsoever. It gets a fresh wax and edging every year for the 4-5 day trip I do, then it sits in my closet for the other 360 days of the year. I'm hoping to fit in another 1 or 2 long weekend trips this year and maybe get in 10 days of riding if I'm lucky. I kinda want to try a more powder oriented board one of these years, but I haven't seen more than a couple of inches of fresh in going on 5 years. I'm about fucking due for my annual Utah trip to get blitzed with a few feet. Hopefully it's this year.

• 2 weeks later...