Nightmare On Elm Street 2010...

Smacky636

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the first part of the trailer it makes freddy seem like a total pussy. Classic Freddy was a twisted freak with a funny/badass attitude. The deaths in this movie better be crazy, original nightmare on elm street deaths were off the chain! I'm not going to waste my cash to see this in theaters, maybe when it comes out on dvd just to see the twilight douche bag get killed off.

I've got a feeling a new generation of emo and hardcore kids with shitty haircuts are gonna be all over this shit.

yeah there should be gore but not so much that it defeats the purpose if you get what im sayin...

lol ive always hated chucky..even as a kid that shit was so lame.

like i said before i just hope they dont fuck the whole freddy character up...because hes like my favorite horror bad guy.

co-signed about chucky. that flik was stupid as hell at any age. I only digged tha 1st freddy, after that it got dumb. i really don't watch sequals to movies. its gets watered down after sooo many tries. its like drink'n koolaid made with 4 gallons of water & barely a teaspoon of sugar. samething goes for tha exorcist. tha 1st one was heat, but after that it started go'n downhill. tha one they put out " The Exorcist: The Beginning" was another glass of koolaide with too much water. nobody really makes horrer flix, jus goar movies, nothing that really messes with your mind.

^^^ Gooch, I hope not, that second 1 looks more bad ass from the OG Trailer!! Dude what's your opinion on taking the humor outta Freddy. You had much info on Halloween II, hook it up here 2!

i don't know man, that one looked a little suspect compared to the legit one. and when i say suspect, i just mean the freddy in that one didn't look like jackie earle haley.

as far as freddy w/o humor, in the original nightmare on elm street, freddy was a dark and sinister character. as the series progressed he became a clown. so, i'm all for taking out the humor, at least anything that's over the top or blatant.

i don't know man, that one looked a little suspect compared to the legit one. and when i say suspect, i just mean the freddy in that one didn't look like jackie earle haley.

as far as freddy w/o humor, in the original nightmare on elm street, freddy was a dark and sinister character. as the series progressed he became a clown. so, i'm all for taking out the humor, at least anything that's over the top or blatant.

nah man even in the first one he had humor and made jokes, but it was more deadpan and black humor

true towards the end of the series he was a clown, making lame puns everywhre, and by the end of the series a lot of it was jus horror slapstick

But I think the real appeal was that Freddy fucked with people and had a real personality, as opposed to halloween or friday the 13th where the killer was just a vehicle for murder. If they screw his personality up it will be a travesty. However I imagine if they can make freddy lke he was in "New Nightmare" it will be OK...

co-signed about chucky. that flik was stupid as hell at any age. I only digged tha 1st freddy, after that it got dumb. i really don't watch sequals to movies. its gets watered down after sooo many tries. its like drink'n koolaid made with 4 gallons of water & barely a teaspoon of sugar. samething goes for tha exorcist. tha 1st one was heat, but after that it started go'n downhill. tha one they put out " The Exorcist: The Beginning" was another glass of koolaide with too much water. nobody really makes horrer flix, jus goar movies, nothing that really messes with your mind.

yeah chucky was shit. The third exorcist is a pretty decent movie though.

• 4 months later...

freddykruegernikesbshoe.jpg

Does anyone else wonder how this is gonna go considering the last 2 horror movies to come out, ie. Friday the 13th & Halloween II???? Do you think that this 2010 remake will give the1984 classic any respect or is the movie gonna fall flat on it's face. Ps, i haven't seen Friday the 13th or Halloween II yet, do to hearing from avid horror fans that they sucks. I will go on the record and say i did like the first Halloween remake and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

Discuss...

first off i would like to say how badass those shoes are.goddamn

i saw halloween II and it was meh. i mean lots of cool shots and gruesome killings but for the most part they fucked up alot of things in it.like showing his face and that his mom was riding on a horse or someshit.it was retarded.also he went the whole movie without really stabbing anyone.just used his hands and shit.idk.it was good if you look at it from the standpoint of it being less of a remake and more of robs creation than anything else.also loomis is a total cunt in this movie.which is different.

i was pissed when they remade the hitcher.which is also a favorite of mine. they completely butchered it.fuck remakes.most are lame.

im just tired of seeing remakes.why is no one coming up with anything original? shit is lame.

i havent watched a new movie in probably a year now.nothing interests me anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My brother is sitting here saying its hella sick and that he would see it agan..

"Despite its bad reviews it made me jump hella times.....i'd see it agaIn"

Im may go check it tonight...but chances are my broad will be to scared to even see it.

My brother also likes Van Damme movies so........don't hold me to his opinion, but im gonna check it in the mext few days...