Three, four, better lock your door.

freddykruegercrossedarm.jpg

Five, six, grab your crucifix.

Seven, eight, better stay up late.

freddykruegerjackieearl.jpg

Nine, ten, never sleep again…

freddykruegernikesbshoe.jpg

TRAILERS

Robert Englund is not gonna be Freddy Krueger, the dude, Jackie Earle Haley (previously in Bad News Bears, Semi-Pro, & Watchmen), will be playing the role. Samuel Bayer is directing, this being his first full length film for the silver screen. i hope he fits the bill. The film is already done filming and is set to be released April 30, 2010. Producer Brad Fuller, explained that they are dropping Freddy's comical edge and focus on trying to make a "horrifying movie".

Does anyone else wonder how this is gonna go considering the last 2 horror movies to come out, ie. Friday the 13th & Halloween II???? Do you think that this 2010 remake will give the1984 classic any respect or is the movie gonna fall flat on it's face. Ps, i haven't seen Friday the 13th or Halloween II yet, do to hearing from avid horror fans that they sucks. I will go on the record and say i did like the first Halloween remake and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

Discuss...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a long time but I remembered the original movies were good.

Not so much gore and don't remember any nips making an appearance but good suspense is what makes a great horror movie.

If they want to improve or change anything from the originals they need bewbs.

Hope they keep the overall suspense level as is though.

Pretty sure within the last 7 or 8 years he's gone out of his way to remake every cult classic horror film he can think of.

TCM, Amityville, Friday the 13th, soon Elm Street, and what seems to be The Birds in 2011?

And since they've all been pretty disappointing, i'm gonna say his next few won't knock my socks off either.

It's been a long time but I remembered the original movies were good.

Not so much gore and don't remember any nips making an appearance but good suspense is what makes a great horror movie.

If they want to improve or change anything from the originals they need bewbs.

Hope they keep the overall suspense level as is though.

i agree a good horror film relies on suspense

unless its like a cult film like the evil dead series

i just hope they dont go way out of bounds of the whole freddy character they made him sound innocent at the begining and that was kinda gay cuz hes not innocent. but everything after that looks good.

Pretty sure within the last 7 or 8 years he's gone out of his way to remake every cult classic horror film he can think of.

TCM, Amityville, Friday the 13th, soon Elm Street, and what seems to be The Birds in 2011?

And since they've all been pretty disappointing, i'm gonna say his next few won't knock my socks off either.

i liked the remake of friday the 13th

but then again i never got into the jason movies idk why

i never really saw freddy as "Gorey" as much as Jason Voorhies, actually i think "Leatherface" takes the prize in the "Gore" category, & not as "Suspensful" as Michael Myers. Freddy was that satirical killer. Dude would fuck with you, crack a joke, make you think you had a chance to get away and then kill you. Freddy to me was always more of a fantasy mind fuck that played cat n mouse games with you.

Does anyone think that making Freddy more of a serious killer is the way to go? The people making the movie basically came out and said that they are doing the same thing the crew for the new Friday the 13th by making "the killer more serious". wanna know what i think of that??

darkknightjokerserious.jpg

ha i get what your saying...

theyre just trying to make the whole freddy character appeal to a new audience, and generation. and sadly this generation theyre trying to appeal to doesnt care about suspense nor a plot line. soooo i wouldnt be susprised if theres tons of unnecessary gore.

Freddy was bad ass, kinda like a Cheetah strolling down 5th ave. dude played the game his way and to me was still able to make me scared on some level about him. Now, one killer that comes to mind that shares similar qualities in a joking manner and is still out to kill you is Chucky. Granted as a kid i was scared of that little bugger but now adays i can't take him serious. Andy did have it pretty rough thou...

chuckyandkid.jpg

ha i get what your saying...

theyre just trying to make the whole freddy character appeal to a new audience, and generation. and sadly this generation theyre trying to appeal to doesnt care about suspense nor a plot line. soooo i wouldnt be susprised if theres tons of unnecessary gore.

i hope the gore is there, in the 2nd trailer when he was on fire and his claw was bright white and orange/yellow, my jaw drop and was like that is bad ass!!! :D :D :D

the thing with Freddy is that he is not bound to reality like Jason, Michael, or Leatherface. Freddy lives in dreams, think of the technology differences that have changed and spaced movies from 1984 to 2010.

Back in the day directors had to be a lot more creative in making your shit your pants in the movie theaters. 3 movies that prove my point in director creativity are Jaws, Friday the 13, and Halloween. In all three movies, the Shark, Jason, and Michael were represented by auditory cues that the director applied to the film at the right time.

WHO HERE DOESN'T KNOW THE "DUNA NA, DUNA NA, DUNANANANANANA...", "KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL", OR THE THEME SONG TO HALLOWEEN???? ALL SIGNATURE SOUNDS!!!

i hope the gore is there, in the 2nd trailer when he was on fire and his claw was bright white and orange/yellow, my jaw drop and was like that is bad ass!!! :D :D :D

the thing with Freddy is that he is not bound to reality like Jason, Michael, or Leatherface. Freddy lives in dreams, think of the technology differences that have changed and spaced movies from 1984 to 2010.

Back in the day directors had to be a lot more creative in making your shit your pants in the movie theaters. 3 movies that prove my point in director creativity are Jaws, Friday the 13, and Halloween. In all three movies, the Shark, Jason, and Michael were represented by auditory cues that the director applied to the film at the right time.

WHO HERE DOESN'T KNOW THE "DUNA NA, DUNA NA, DUNANANANANANA...", "KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL", OR THE THEME SONG TO HALLOWEEN???? ALL SIGNATURE SOUNDS!!!

yeah there should be gore but not so much that it defeats the purpose if you get what im sayin...

lol ive always hated chucky..even as a kid that shit was so lame.

like i said before i just hope they dont fuck the whole freddy character up...because hes like my favorite horror bad guy.

Vulcan5 you pick Freddy?? My first horror movie i saw was Halloween.. i can't even remember how old i was at the time thats how young i was. i remember that in 5th grade i basically plagurized "Michael Myers" character for a story i was suppose to turn in. i saw the movie many years before the 5th grade thou.

Nightmare on Elm Street is my shit, my favorite horror series of all time. I own the complete boxed set and have seen each of them 100 times (except the dream child...gahhhhhhh)

and I must say

I am not pleased

I AM pleased by the freddy dunks tho

too bad i cant afford em