freshly unemployed

beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

dear the internet,

it's 10.5 months after giving a big fat middle finger to nearly everything stable in my life. as one would imagine it's been an interesting journey to this point, with some cool/fun times scattered among the prolonged bouts of massive life-threatening despair. sure, I had a couple odd/shitty gigs and managed to barely scrape by, but I finally start a new real job on monday, and I'm stoked.

counting my lucky stars and I owe quite a few generous friends beers and favors for a lifetime. it's scary out there folks.

• Like 1

man getting work lately has been insanely easy for me, walked through town on a monday applying at bars got a call on tuesday and started the next week. applied over the internet for a position i knew i wasn't qualified for but they offered to train me so ive had it made lately.

sucks to be in america right about now.

After a year and a half of being unemployed I found work, which is not expected to last for more than a few months. Wage is 5 dollars less than I was making before I got laid off and I am so stoked to have work that I show up a hour early to check my managers calc.s.

GF got laid off last week, the company where she works decided that they would eliminate her and her boss and replace them with one guy. Poor decision on their part, replacing two people who have been working part time and have 55 years of combined experience with one guy who says he can do both jobs with much less experience and no knowledge of the projects they have been working.

The unemployed in this country should take to the streets and break em off something.

The last place I worked at sent me and 4 other people to Manila to set up a new site. Once it was up and running, we came back to the states to find out that they were about to close the site here. Way to train my replacements! I milked unenjoyment for 2 and a half years. My funds ran out and I had to get another job about a month ago. I learned to live off about $500 a week with unenjoyment, now that I'm bankin' I keep the same budget and paper is stackin' up fast. It feels good to have stacks in the bank again.

one thing about being unemployed at some point in your life is that you learn how to become resourceful. i could get by on $20 for a week. i didnt drive my car unless the weather was shitty, instead going to bars spending $50 on drinks, i would have friends comeover to my place and party. and i know about 500 ways to make ramen noodles taste awsome.

Very true. I've been on unemployment twice, TDI once, and worker's comp once (pretty impressive since it was all accomplished between 17-20 ha), and during those times you really learn how much you actually NEED to live. Somehow I was living on my own, paying my bills, eating reasonably OK, putting gas in my Explorer, and managing to afford enough cheap vodka to get drunk at home with friends off $250 or so a week.

I always say I don't think I could go back to living like that now, but I'm sure if push came to shove I could make it work again.

Edit: The times I was collecting and working under the table at the same time were absolutely glorious, made it seem like I was ballin out of control, on top of the world haha

You have to learn to lie. People with honest resumes don't get jobs.

If that don't work get your ass on craigslist and do car dates...

signed,

employed and hustlin'

I got laid off in 2007...no one gave a fuck back then. I went to an interview at a staffing agency and the girl there used to work with me. she got a promotion because she sucked the director of operations cock. welcome to america we can send troops to afghanistan to chase figments of the imagination, argue about homos getting married and bicker about a mosque being built two blocks away from ground zero but god forbid the govt can actually nurture economic growth.

I got a "job" taking notes for a hearing impaired kind in my classes. He cant write himself because he has to focus on his signing translator. I make minimum wage doing what I would be doing regardless. Thing is, we dont take notes AT ALL. Its all project oriented. So I basically get free money for volunteering to do a nice thing.

I got a "job" taking notes for a hearing impaired kind in my classes. He cant write himself because he has to focus on his signing translator. I make minimum wage doing what I would be doing regardless. Thing is, we dont take notes AT ALL. Its all project oriented. So I basically get free money for volunteering to do a nice thing.

if your a girl and are attractive. im hearing impaired and need to take a shower and need your assistance lol

regards the male hellen keller...xoxo:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: