Dear International Olympic Committee

MitchThe$nitch

Please, please, please..............

DON'T give Chicago the Olympic Games - 2016. Give that shit to Rio.

Fuck that shit.

Atlanta peeps - did this do any good for your city?

This city is WAY to corrupt to handle this kind of $ and influence...

We will find out tomorrow morning..I'm renting my crib out and leaving if we win. Maybe I can have the Swedish womens volleyball team stay at my place for the week.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it actually brought ATL to the forefront as a major world city. Pretty much secured is position as the capitol of the south (for what thats worth). Im not from ATL but its just a hop skip and a jump away, and I watched the city grow as a result - however that was a far different time and ATL is a different city

I dont see it doing the same for chicago - they SHOULD pick RIO that would be awesome

I cant agree more. I do no want this in chicago in 2016 when we have problems right now that "the city that works" cant even fix now. this is daley's little project and if we do get it and it goes to shit (finacial wise or any other) daley cant be held accountible cause he wont be in office. scratch that..knowing this city he will.

it is funny though how when ever they have the olympics in other countries THEY end up spending billions to build all these new facilities that are never used again and crumbling due to poor maintenence with in only a few years. in a way they united states is perfect for the olympics. thanks to all the pro/college sports just about any major city in the country could host the olympics without having to build any major facility and that in turn does make money. i could be wrong but i do recall hearing that the los angeles games in 88 did make a ton of money and helped a lot of the people in south los angeles make some money (ex. taco truck vendors, bootleg merch vendors etc)

but in the case of chicago, im not really for it. i hear that in order to build a temporary olympic stadium they would have to close down some huge park for 6 months and thats bullshit. i hear a ton of people got to that park all the time and to just take it away like that is just plain wrong. plus since the US has had the LA games (88), Atlanta (96), Salt Lake City (02) and Lake Placid (80) i figure that it would mean much more to some other place to host em. my vote would be for rio since south america has never hosted an olympic games.

what's hilarious to me, is the oft-stated reasons of chitown v rio

now, i would like to see rio get it mainly so a south american country finally gets it.

but rio is just as riddled with crime, corruption and the myriad problems of a big city. if anything, it's far worse off than chicago.

the olympics have brought a lot of money to the cities that host them, and some cities have managed post olympic use pretty well.

all things considered, the whole thing seems like a waste of money to me, most of the time

All I know is that the Winter Olympics (which are only a fraction as popular as the actual Olympics) have put Vancouver in a massive amount of debt in the billions that they will porbably never pay off. It's become such a fucking hassle and logistical nightmare that people don't even want it anymore, Everyone I know is leaving for those 3 weeks and renting out their pads for extortionate amounts.

If any of you want to come and visit me in the UK while they're on, you know where to find me.

• Like 1