Recession and Freights

GeeWhy-ish

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So, there are a lot of people that come into the restaurant that I work for, that actually work for major railroad businesses i.e.(Union Pacific, BNSF). I just asked a couple people about the recession and if not it was affecting flow. They all agreed, one even said " If we don't have product to move, we ain't moving" I always ask them how they feel about graffiti just for shits and giggles. They always say they don't mind it, except for the shitty stuff. Aka toys that think they can paint trains, lol

I have definitely seen a difference in rail traffic in the last year. I paint freights in two major cities on the east coast and one of them has almost eliminated its yard entirely pushing all trains to the suburban yards (not sure of the reasoning behind this) and the other city has remained fairly consistent (maybe because its a port city) but it has become hotter to paint some of the yards. (daytime spots don't exist anymore)

a we bit off topic maybe, but this is good stuff here

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/

some random finds and good railfan photos.

back on topic, some activity in the 419 brings promise to winters advantages.

reefers??autos???

Lots and lots of coals for some reason, most seem to be chillin but there is a lot comin and goin too....

we'll see what comes of these next few months....

My yard has been dead also. The shit that was there has moved out though. Usually I can go bench and see either my stuff or crew members stuff but not lately. Day painting is impossible due to there being one line in the yard at all times and its cold as fuck and windy at night. Oh, and all i ever get is hoppers...

i get alot of hoppers and coal trains too.it used to be that we would get a few lines of box cars in every week or two and the longest theyd stay was maybe a week or so.and now it seems that some will stick around for about a month or two.and some stay longer.but we get coal trains on the daily.probably 6 or 7 come through everyday.but you have to catch them quick or theyll roll out within 20 minutes of them

stopping.