Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShortFuse

So Im making wine...anyone else?

I finally decided after many years of much talk about it Im making my own wine. My parents place in GA has two lines of vines that the guy before them used to make wine from. I visited last weekend and after some research the Reds were called Muscadine and the whites are called Scuppernongs, both in the same family. I guess its a popular wine made along the eastern side of the US. Of course nothing as popular as the usually seen varietals.

So being that the grapes were free I harvested about 35 pounds and got about a hair more than a gallon of juice. Got my supplies and Im a week into the fermentation process. Im excited and definitely going to continue after this batch whether it be a failure or success.

Anyone else have this as a hobby whether it be beer or wine?

• Like 1

I just drink it. Have a buddy who makes it and from his stories I can say to be careful with large glass containers and keep everything super sterile.

my dad works on an experimental farm so they do nothing with the crops they grow so ive always had access to thousand of pounds of various muscadine grapes (seedless wont grow down here, but they are working on a variety that can) but ive never felt like making wine out of it.

research farm. they breed plants together to make insect repellant, drought resistant higher nutritional etc crops.

every type of blueberry madein the usa was most likely developed on this farm or its sister farm.

research farm. they breed plants together to make insect repellant, drought resistant higher nutritional etc crops.

every type of blueberry madein the usa was most likely developed on this farm or its sister farm.

so they are genetically modifying the crops? bleh.

in high school me and my friend made shed wine. water, yeast and super in gallon jugs with some koolaid.....tasted like shit but got you drunk i guess.

everyone who has been to prison knows how to make wine...its not that hard

Sterno..?

so they are genetically modifying the crops? bleh.

its better then a hicktown hog farm i suppose. you need quite a few years of college to do anything other then mow the grass there...

Sterno..?

we just used water, fruit juice, raisins and some moldy bread...yeast isnt allowed

don't forget a tube to let air out...shit will explode if you don't

this is what happens when you drink sterno

3:10

anyone got a link to a good tutorial?

im getting 2 5gallon buckets full of some kind of muscadine this weekend.

also, a kinda unrelated topic but freeze your grapes. thats a insanely tasty snack...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now