Netflix Watch It Now: A Recommendation Thread

trackstand

So recently the lady and I took the leap, closed the account with the local video store and made the switch to Netflix. The service is pretty much impeccable as far as availability, service fee's and shipping goes. However, the main enticement for me was the stream it now feature, but I have found that by my liberal estimation less than 25% of their catalog is available in this format. That said, it frustrates me when nothing I really want to watch at the moment is capable of streaming. Fire away.

Two recommendations:

Bad Boys (1983) 4 1/2 *

On the mean streets of Chicago, Mick O'Brien (Sean Penn) plays by the rules -- the wrong rules. The only saving grace in his life of crime is his relationship with his girlfriend (Ally Sheedy). But when a heist ends in tragedy, O'Brien lands in jail with his worst enemy (Esai Morales). Both are bent on vengeance ... and the score must be settled in blood.

Get Well Soon (2001) Avg. 4 1/2 *

After top-rated TV talk show host Bobby Bishop (Vincent Gallo) suffers a meltdown on the air, he leaves his show and heads to New York City to find his ex-girlfriend, Lily (Courteney Cox). But Lily isn't thrilled that Bobby gained fame and fortune without her, and she goes to great lengths to keep him at a distance. Director Justin McCarthy's independent romantic comedy co-stars Jeffrey Tambor and Tate Donovan as Lily's cross-dressing boyfriend.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

shits dope cus i can just stream it onto my tv thru the xbox. if it wasnt for jeopardy i'd cancel my cable and just watch this shit.

just watched Epicly Later'd. its about John Cardiel and all his batshit crazy antics as a pro skateboarder. good shit.

been wanting to watch Teeth, which is about some girl that has a cunt with teeth. not sure why this appeals to me.

the joe rogan and paul mooney comedy specials on there is hella funny too.

i got one of these bad boys from a friend out of the country and its pretty sweet... its just too bad that finding a good movie on netflix's 'watch it now' is like picking peanuts out of a mound of shit... they added a new feature through mlb.com so you can watch any and every game for like 30 bucks. I'm praying they have that same feature for the nba when the season starts.

• Like 1

Hahaha, have you seen his documentary?

It's amazing. It tells of his Samurai background and his fathers strict ways.

Also the Making of Rashomon is a good one too in the Special Features of the DVD.

I an going to start subscribing back to NetFlicks. There are these boxes around town that allow you to rent movies for 1$, but their selection is by popular or new release titles.

THE ROKU BOX!

i watch them online but i bought this box for 100 bucks and i stream it onto my tv at home. you just set up your netflix account with it and for the same price 8 bucks, you can watch it all on your tv.

here's a few that are pretty dope.

KINAMEN (Chinaman) danish

Hounddog

Before the Devil knows you're dead

posession

THIS IS ENGLAND (This movie is fucking nuts and will make you cry. The lead actors mother died during the production)

empire of the sun (young christian bale)

the air i breathe

a very long engagement

raising victor vargas

the wackness

that's just a few i remember

• Like 1

Get Well Soon (2001) Avg. 4 1/2 *

After top-rated TV talk show host Bobby Bishop (Vincent Gallo) suffers a meltdown on the air, he leaves his show and heads to New York City to find his ex-girlfriend, Lily (Courteney Cox). But Lily isn't thrilled that Bobby gained fame and fortune without her, and she goes to great lengths to keep him at a distance. Director Justin McCarthy's independent romantic comedy co-stars Jeffrey Tambor and Tate Donovan as Lily's cross-dressing boyfriend.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I sure hope the lady picked this one.