free earthdance ticket for the west coast heads`

Illuminati

Shai summing things up nicely.

As for hippies.. I dig them.. The older original ones. I've been to some great fucking drum circles and gatherings with them and had some incredible times. The new jacks got most of it wrong.. ALL WRONG!!!

As for Earthdance.. Shit, I remember when they were free. L.A. canceled its ED this year for some reason.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

As I recall, things started going bad around 1993 when the young hippies who hadn't grown up in the life realized they could make easy money selling acid and E at raves. Back then I was going to Dead shows, clubs and raves and enjoying both for the same reasons, but to me they were two totally separate experiences.

I think that sharpie "get paid" mentality screwed up both scenes. It didn't really matter...by 1995 Jerry was dead, I had given up on raves and started going to punk shows again.

Now it's all one big, dirty, drugged out blob.

I here that Shai..

The hippies I hung out with were all in their 50s or so and most of the young hippies were from those families, so it was a lot different than all these other cats I met at raves.

I wish I still talked to some of them.. A good drum circle seems like something I could really get into right now.

Good insight, but don't give up entirely. It's always gonna' be what you make of it.

There were quite a few fucking scumbag leeches there who were all too ready to slide back to your camp to enjoy your handle of Crown, cases of nitrous - whatevers. And they're gonna' stick around as long as you let them bleed ya' dry. Those types are always at festivals and are easy to spot. You just don't kick it with them. And don't ever let these fucks get you down.

The true heads are still there, and still raging as hard as they ever were. Luckily we camped with a bunch of them. It made the experience that much bettah.

The drum circle sessions were pretty epic throughout the weekend. 40-50 people at all times. A huge fire and some very talented musicians on all kinds of shit. Djembes and all kinds of Percussion, Harmonicas, Didgeridoos, Flutes, Strings, niggas beatboxing and freestyling. The folks were wilin' out and it was all good times. I personally had never been to a circle with that much charisma. We went until sunrise pretty much every morning.

I dunno man. It was a magical thing for me, and I'm definitely not new to the scene... not jaded though either.

I was talking to some of our neighbors who came directly from this:

symbiosis-flyer-new.jpg

I didn't have resources for both events so I chose ED. But everybody said Symbiosis @ Yosemite was the best shit they've seen in a looong time. Sphongle is fucking amazing and I would have loved to seen them live for once. That lineup looked amazing. Even all the older, mellow cats said it was irie was fuck.

I appreciate efforts like this, so anyways Illuminati - keep me in the loop!

Peace

11940587_DECKFILL23.jpg.240ce11054284c42d4512f5535835d96.jpg

Tav, if you want I'll see if I can vouch for you and tell dude to keep you posted but remember it's my rep riding on that.

Even though it's the end of the season, if the opportunity presents itself we (me, you and Ill) should meet up someday. We're not too far from each other, it's doable.

son of a bitch i'd love to see les claypool live.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with what he's doing these days, but he plays jam band music now with a few Primus songs thrown in the mix.

hippies are great people as long as you don't live with them.

I can agree with that or at least see your point.

then shit can get very weird, very quick.

That's possible with any roommate.

compost piles happen,

Not a problem if there's a garden on the premises. In fact, I know a lot of punks that compost too.

then drum circles,

Not a problem if they can play and do so at a reasonable hour.

then anarchist meetings.

That's an oxymoron and you know it. Admit it, you only like hippies because they sell hallucinogenics.