Comcast or AT&T ? - nerd thread

Gnarly Sheen

So they recently started advertising AT&T as an internet provider to compete with Comcast. I'm a little skeptical, but comcast fucking blows so I'm looking into it. I download and upload a lot, so speed is essential... I think I might wait it out and see if I hear about anything locally because I'm sure service might be great in one city and terrible in the next.

So i checked out the Comcast website and they claim up to 50 Mbps up and 5 down at the highest (maybe on a monday morning at 3 am), but AT&T offered Up to 6.0 Mbps Up and to 768 Kbps down - which is pure shit. Comcast has to be lying, I have never and will never see the day where i get 50 mbps up....

Does anyone use AT&T internet or know anyone that is happy with it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I honestly hate AT&T. It seems like they charge a lot of extra fees without telling you and then you get the bill and its like what the fuck?

You call in to customer service for some help or something, and you get someone who can speek english, but they never really understand your questions.

Oh, and if you internet mysteriously goes out, and they have to reboot your shit or whatever, say hello to a 25$ restarting fee.

That's just the stuff we went through, and I know a couple people that have the same issues, but thats just us. Dunno about other people.

Waitin on a kilo they eight I'm straight you dig

What you need ten, ain't no fuckin order too big

And makin crack like this is the song

You won't be getting yo money if yo shit ain't cooked long

Overcook yo' dope it might come out brown

Them fiends gonna run yo ass clean outta town

But fuck that I'm bout to put my soldiers in the game

And tell ya how to make crack from cocaine

One - look for the nigga wit the whitest snow

Two - no buying from no nigga that you don't know

Make yo way to the kitchen where the stove be

You get the baking soda I got yo D

Get the triple beam and measure out yo dope

Mix one gram of soda every seven grams of coke

An shake it up until it get harder

Then sit the tube in some ready made cold water

Twist the bitch like a knot while it's still hot

And watch that shit while it can rise to the fuckin top

Now ya cocaine powder is crack

Nigga I hopes you strapped cause you might get jacked

Ghett Ghett Ghett Ghetto Dope

Ma Ma Ma Ma Make Crack like this Ghett Ghetto Dope

I've had both, AT&T is slow but it's cheap and fairly reliable. Comcast costs more and is a lot quicker but it drops out and the customer service sucks ass. If you can find one, try to go with a smaller ISP/cable company...the customer service tends to be better and you can usually pick your own equipment. I had a hell of a time getting Comcast to help me set up a DOCSIS modem...in the end I just did it myself.

Another alternative to consider (if you can afford it) is a cellular card.

I havn't read a single thing in this thread, but just know that AT&T are hot garbage.

Not only did them fags try and extort me out of a ridiculous phone bill that I never racked up back in the day, but the wife went and hollered at them for our internet service a couple years ago and when we moved "like a mile or 2 away" they left us hanging for like a month without ever connecting our internet. They kept giving us the run-around, then when we would call and complain that our shit wasn't hooked up yet they'd be like "that order was never put in. We'll put it in now and somebody will hook it up within the week".

They said that shit like 3 times.

Bitch even gave me an attitude and hung up on me the one time.

Finally we said fuck you and called the cable company and they were out here that same day and hooked it up.

For cheaper.

Fuck AT&T.

At&t blows. I also had to pay a bunch of reconnection fees as a result of my internet shutting off whenever it felt like it.

I often get that screen as well but it rarely shows up nowadays.

Comcast isn't so bad though. At least I never had any trouble with it when I was living at my friends house. Fuck we got hooked up with free Comcast so no one ever complained hah.

I have comcast and hate it. my internet was out for 2 weeks straight with spurts of maybe 3 hours working(in chicago). they have a monopoly in some areas of chicago i cant even get AT&Ton my block but 2 blocks over they do...? the good thing bout comcast is that you dont sign a contract, you can use an alias on a prepaid card that way if you feel like not paying you dont have to and your credit score wont get fucked up. orrrr right before your gonna cancel order all on demand shit then just never pay ha!

COMCAST.

roadrunner high speed. it doesn't slow down with your HD being on.

never had problems... but i owe AT&T money... so...

but that 50mbps is lame. they can't do anything but keep stacking T1's together, so it's not truly "faster", you just get more nodes to fux with (i could be called out on this, idk)

anyways, the FIOS is fiber optic which is > cable or dsl. so get that if ur in a hurry to upload shit. what's the point in uploading anything nowdays when theres torrents? think out of the box with your weak ass connection.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an ATT U-verse tech and I can pretty much tell you that if you have ATT U-verse service and it sucks, it's because the installation was botched. If the service was installed correctly it will never give you problems. Ok now with the regular DSL, that error message is because the RG (residential gateway) or modem is loosing sync. Usually this happens mostly on self-installs because of shotty substandard wiring inside the house. The best way to make sure that your att DSL service is working correctly is to have a Cat5e cable ran from what ever demarcation point on your house (phone box outside) right to the location of your modem. DIRECT LINE. If you know what your doing you can do it yourself, if not you should call and have a tech or a contractor run the cable. Will save you tons of headaches.