Kong Kong Hong Kong

seven.13

Hello 12oz.

I was wondering, any tips regarding Hong Kong? I will be there this Friday, for three days.

I need to buy a digital camera. (A gift ) Should I shop for one in HK, or here in Canada. Do they sell digi cams with english buttons etc? How are the prices compared to North America and Canada?

Love,

Seven.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Can't speak for HK, but if it's like Taiwan.....

There'll be a general street where cameras are sold. You can go place to place to look for the cheapest price, then talk them down on price. They like to make $ and will try not to let you leave without spending some. I got my camera, bag, memory cards, and more for the same price I got just the camera for in the U.S. The instruction book was in Chinese though, but everything on the camera itself is English.

Dim Sum! Jook!

Thanks for the tips...I like bargaining. I tried to bargain at the Sony store here in Canada and the lady was just not having it. She reduced the price by like 15.00. Thanks but no thanks.

I think I have had my share of absinthe.

I am passing through HK with my bf, on the way to the Philippines. We are moving there for at least 8 months.

What part of town are you staying in ILB? We're staying on some beach resort 30 minutes out of town....

It's true about good eats on the street but at the same time exercise caution. I had great shit in Taiwan w/ no problems at all. Someone else I knew ignored basic warnings and ended up getting so sick that they were in the hospital at least once by the time they got home.

And wash your hands often. I hear they're ultra paranoid about swine flu there right now.

DO NOT EAT DURIAN/DARIAN FRUIT

actually, do it its a one of a kind shit show.

electronics are not cheaper there, but theres better variety if your willing to

put up with having an adapter all the time and what not. everything electronic has an english setting.

everyone in Hong Kong has an english name in addition to their birth name.

Dim Sum every morning, stay with seafood because its Hong Kong.

Get on the highest rooftop you can to take pictures.

The densest population of skyscrapers in the world.

Get that british colonized Chinese pussy!

Also, get a suit for like two hundred dollars while your there.

use spell check- i didnt!

I've been there twice. What a great spot. Check out the PO Lin Monastery and big buddha, the night markets and the peninsula hotel for tea.

***I cant stress to you enough to keep everything you have under lock and key, when you go out and when your at the hotel.***

Check out the heaven on earth massage parlour too! if its still there. Go on a boat ride in a junk and get them to drop you off (if you like seafood) at jumbo kingdon resteraunt. Its a floating seafood palce, kind of cool I thought.

The only thing that kind of sucks about HK is the shoes. Although the selection beats everything in north america, the size range is VERY limited. Finding mens double digit sizes (for me atleast) was not an easy task.

Take lots of pictures and make a thread when you come back. Have a good trip.

Yes we are going to see the huge buddha for sure. That floating restaurant sounds rad....

Octopus card thingie sounds cool too.

Okay, do you think I could get a decent little point and shoot camera as well as a little memory card for 1,800 or under? Otherwise I will just buy it in Canada....