feds ban all fruit and candy flavored cigarets..

phillysmostwanted

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because once people get sick they become a burdon on the system. So while it is a personal choice to smoke, the ramifications affect society as a whole.

They're on that preventive tip. Try and lower the future cases and save money in the long run. Which I guess is good. Someone doesnt have to pay for a sick person while that person doesnt suffer through the shit they might cause themselves if they do end up smoking.

fuck kids! and i don't mean that in a pedo sense...haha.

why is it that generations of kids today get treated as if they are way more fragile than the generations that came before them? parents should be responsible for their own children, not the federal government.

boxcars got it on point:

"basically their message is adults should never EVER enjoy themselves if it just so happens kids might enjoy it as well."

kids will always try to enjoy and emulate almost anything that adults do. so i as an adult am supposed to live in this sterile world so as to not damage some fragile child's mind?

on a related note of sorts...

i had heard on several occasions that many teachers are discouraged from marking tests and papers in red ink since it might reinforce self-doubt and insecurity in kids.

really?

yea they started doing this when i was in middle school, i believe that they started making the teachers use green ink to mark correction instead of using red ink. the whole idea of not using the red ink is because its considered a confrontational color. which imo is a crock of shit they're turning this generation into a bunch of fucking pussies..fyi i'm 25

(article on red ink) http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2154549/posts

^ unrelated side note: they're also starting to pass laws in some states for DUIs/OUIs where they will no longer do breathelizers or road tests, cops will strictly, flat out be drawing blood from you whether you agree or not.. i believe it already goes down in Idaho and Nebraska or some shit, or maybe just Idaho. but i've been told not to be suprised if this is general practice in many states within the next 5 years.

Smokers do not cost more money or burden the health care industry.

The only studies to ever "confirm" this were highly suspect and payed for by the anti tobacco lobby.

Lung cancer = usually inoperable by the time its detected, you just die, no long drawn out costs.

Emphysema = most treatments are ineffective but at least they are cheap.

The fact is if you do get one of the ailments associated with smoking you will just die younger.

Dying younger saves a lot of money people over 60 rack up in health care costs.

Smoke up.

Once again, who gives a fuck that they're banning faggoty ass fruit cigarettes? the real issue is that they're lowering nicotine levels in ALL cigarettes while at the same time raising the taxes massively, effectively making smokers need to smoke more to get the same amount of nicotine + raising prices by huge increments = large profit for the govt.

Once again, who gives a fuck that they're banning faggoty ass fruit cigarettes? the real issue is that they're lowering nicotine levels in ALL cigarettes while at the same time raising the taxes massively, effectively making smokers need to smoke more to get the same amount of nicotine + raising prices by huge increments = large profit for the govt.

do think they are thinking like that tho? i mean what you said is the truth but they are probably seeing it as "if there is less nicotine people will be less prone to being addicted." you feel me? i could be wrong tho...either way this shits gay as fuck..curse my addiction...

agreed