FUCKING SPIDERS

TRILLionare

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those big fuckers eating the bird are Golden Orb spiders. u mostly find them in

far northern queensland, Cape Tribulation etc. pretty harmless to peeps really, but when u walk thru the web its gnarly, very sticky. last time i walked into one i was v drunk and freaked out at the feeling of the web, started smackin myself all over, ended up killing the poor spider. such is life.

• Like 3

"Unfortunately, spider silk is extremely hard to mass produce: Unlike silk worms, which are easy to raise in captivity, spiders have a habit of chomping off each other’s heads when housed together."

:lol: :lol:

“We had to find people who were willing to work with spiders,” Godley said, “because they bite.”

:lol: :lol:

"Several groups have tried inserting spider genes into bacteria (or even cows and goats) to produce silk, but so far, the attempts have been only moderately successful."

Wtf Cows and Goats?

29325d1224510632-deadly-denizons-down-under-r243413_990506.jpg

Redback spider.

whitetail_01.jpg

white tail spider. (I guess australias version of the brown recluse)

sydney_funnel_web_spider.jpg

funnel web spider

huntsman_spider.jpg

Huntsman spider... Pretty much harmless. Most peeps let them chill in their houses to keep away insects.

That's just a few of the more common Australian spiders. Redback and funnel webs don't fuck around.

We even have our own tarantula and bird eating spiders down here.

Huntsman spider... Pretty much harmless. Most peeps let them chill in their houses to keep away insects.

i was at a house party in darlinghurst and a dude came in from smoking out on the balcony and had a huntsmen on his back. i told him not to move and got it to crawl on my hand and took back outside and put it in the ivy.

saw a nice orb out by the zoo on new years day. i'll have to dig up the pic.