No More Cursive Writing In Schools FTW!!

Seffiks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess this might also be the death of the handstyle

has been happening for a long time already i would say. and it's because fancy paint doesn't give you hands. all it gives you is "dope ill flair tagz brah!!111"

i would also blame it on drip mops which are popular as fuck. they're fun but you don't learn a handstyle with krink ball points, you learn a handstyle with chisel and bullet tips, which look wack as shit if there's no style to them.

example of rant:

3413688622_ca621f6313.jpg

:yuck:

• Like 2

I love typography and lettering, script and the flurishes.

it should be taught but not as extensively.

Good penmanship says alot about a person.

Agreed. Back in olden times if you could write it meant you were educated. I believe that some form of penmanship will always be required in this world. Technically designers need to know how to write before they create more fonts etc. So it has to still be a language able to be written on paper before it can be used on a computer.

Also with what pissdrunk said it does bring out a lot about a person. You can even study someones writing and tell if theyre stressed etc,

has been happening for a long time already i would say. and it's because fancy paint doesn't give you hands. all it gives you is "dope ill flair tagz brah!!111"

i would also blame it on drip mops which are popular as fuck. they're fun but you don't learn a handstyle with krink ball points, you learn a handstyle with chisel and bullet tips, which look wack as shit if there's no style to them.

example of rant:

3413688622_ca621f6313.jpg

:yuck:

isnt it nuts to think there are kids out there who have never done a piece with stock tips

i kinda wish i actually remember cursive, makes everything you write look super legit, but theres people who try to write cursive who blow and i cant read the shit... typeography is nifty business, shouldnt be forgotten but who knows people around here are getting up from the internet/computers INTERWEBS IS NEW GRAFFIT

• Like 1

To me this isn't that bad.

Isn't there a distinction between cursive and calligraphy?

Cursive being a fast way of copy by hand (shorthand is even faster) and calligraphy being the art of writing by hand.

Kids will still be taught writing. If a kid is creative and wants to expand on it then they can figure it out themselves.

I like the word penmanship.

To me this isn't that bad.

Isn't there a distinction between cursive and calligraphy?

Cursive being a fast way of copy by hand (shorthand is even faster) and calligraphy being the art of writing by hand.

Kids will still be taught writing. If a kid is creative and wants to expand on it then they can figure it out themselves.

It's not all about being creative and the art of it all.

A major part of it is discipline and actually taking the time to do it properly.

Kids these days are being taught the shortcut to everything. Why learn to spell, when the computer has a spell check? Same thing here.