No More Cursive Writing In Schools FTW!!

Seffiks

Cursive may be a fading skill, but so what?

"It doesn't get quite the emphasis it did years ago, primarily because of all the technology skills we now teach, What used to be called "penmanship" is being shunted aside at schools across the country in favor of 21st century skills.

The decline of cursive is happening as students are doing more and more work on computers, including writing. In 2011, the writing test of the National Assessment of Educational Progress will require 8th and 11th graders to compose on computers, with 4th graders following in 2019.

My penmanship sucks horribly its bout time they changed this.

Whats yer take on it 12ozers, Graffiti is its own handstyle, do you think it will be lost as we go into digital age, and people forget how to write???

http://www.kansascity.com/440/story/1455705.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ever look at your grandparents signatures?

Epic.

My grandfather who was an engineer for Boeing and Honeywell has these sick uppercase R's and S's that would put many to shame.

This is an example of schools making it easier for kids to be lazy.

Oh, it's the digital age, why spend hours on penmanship when they can just type it out, so efficient!

Losers. That's why your kid is FAT!!

End rant.

Epic.

My grandfather who was an engineer for Boeing and Honeywell has these sick uppercase R's and S's that would put many to shame.

Oh, it's the digital age, why spend hours on penmanship when they can just type it out, so efficient!

End rant.

PREACH!

I don't agree with this at all. I base a heavy amount of critique to someones writing ability and spelling. Two things I was taught at school. I've always put an extreme emphasis on my ability to write well too and considered those who can't as being too lazy and careless. Whatever the result, I don't think its neccessary to abolish cursive and place all the eggs into the typing basket.

• Like 1

Epic.

End rant.

As soon as I opened this thread I started thinking about my grandmas hand writing. I don't think i ever saw her write in anything but cursive.

I Have pretty bad handwriting. A mixture of too many capitals, lowercase, and cursive. When I would write out rough drafts for papers it would look like each paragraph was writing by a different person. I wonder what a handwriting analyst would say about me.

• Like 1

my son has just started school and they teach cursive, it is a good thing good handwriting says a lot about you, my brother is very intelligent but his handwriting looks like it was done by a retard.

I am glad i was taught cursive, I don't use it really but I am always complimented by people when they see me writing, neat handwriting goes a long way.