Vice co founder Gavin Mcinnes hates graffiti

i got dookies

gavin_mcinnes_3.jpg

From Street boners and tv carnage

I just did an interview with Clout that included such well-thought-out questions as, “What makes you so special?” and “Are you going to continue to do the DOs & DON’Ts?” He also said I have “quit a different humor.” Unfortunately, I’m a megalomaniac on Adderall who types faster than he talks and can’t resist rambling when anyone shows even a semblance of interest. Here’s the highlight:3

PR- Being as Clout is a graffiti magazine, can you give me your take on graffiti?

GM- Graffiti is a wigger vandalizing some poor bastard’s property by writing a nickname (a fucking nickname) all over it. It breaks my heart to see a new business open up that some hard-working entrepreneur has poured all his money in and then have some asshole hit him with a $1,500 glass replacement bill by writing a shitty tag in etching cream on the glass. What a spoiled brat thing to do.

The origins of graffiti aren’t much better. It started out as Puerto Rican kids in the Bronx growing up without a dad in a house full of women. They saw their sisters fawn over John Travolta and their mother reading celebrity magazines all day so they decided “Fame” was where it’s at. There was no father to slap them upside the head and say, “Go clean the front stairs.” So they start writing their stupid fucking name everywhere and on trains and shit as a way of saying, “Look at me. I’m famous.” Rich suburban kids are always desperate for some kind of urban culture so they started aping this retarded trend in a sad attempt to feel “down.” How lame. You are aping a fatherless child with distorted values. The fact that you now have Germans and Scottish kids and all of Europe trying to be some weird perversion of someone like Lee Quinones is so pathetic, it makes my head spin.

How did we get here? Nickname Mania! It’s even worse than corporate advertising everywhere. At least they’re advertising something that exists. Graffiti is ubiquitous advertising with no other purpose than making one shithead feel like he is successfully aping one Puerto Rican teenager who was aping the values of his stupid adolescent sisters. Fuck off.

PR - Is there or has there ever been any graffiti here or in Canada or anywhere that’s stood out to you at all?

I mean, the guys that actually improve the look of something don’t really do it anymore do they? I’ve always loved Espo, and Kaws’ ad vandalism is great but those guys are in galleries now. I guess Banksy improves his surroundings. That’s about it. Here in Brooklyn it’s just stupid fucking tag after stupid fucking tag.

PR- Have you ever wrote your name on anything?

For a while we would go out and write our own names because we thought graffiti was so gay. Gavin Miles McInnes was my tag for a minute. Then I heard Mark Ryan did that joke years before me. Why would I want to mimic Latinos getting sucked into female culture? When you see them getting manicures and corn rows it’s the exact same shit. I wonder when the German kids jump on that bandwagon.

http://streetbonersandtvcarnage.com/blog/interview-with-a-graffiti-magazine-on-why-i-hate-graffiti/#more-10756

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure how much underlining irony there is in this.

hopefully alot.

my gut is telling me not so much.

thats what happens when graffiti innit for a minute suckers make something happen young and are able to capitalize financially off of it and then subsequently grow up and out of it.

dudes a fagget. clearly.

smart buisness men generally speaking arent always the realest graff writers. and vice versa. no pun intended.

though thats a HIGHLY generalized statement, but factual for the most part.

• Like 1

hes a buisness man.

he was probably drawn to graff at an early age. probably like most white kids.

it was bad. but not that bad. it was criminal but not that criminal. it made your middle class or potentially rich neighborhood look hood. he could be destructive afeter pounding back beers and high five his buddies after "grilling" some storefront like a heatscore fool. and then he could grow out of it once he got older.

he probably has loaded parents. who are clever buisness people.

he probably got bit in the ass by graffiti because he sucked and was shunned.

he was probably then completely disapointed and heartbroken that something he liked so much didnt like him back.

then he moved on.

like so many fucking graffiti rejects.

iv seen this TIME and TIME again over the years.

another good example from a different perspecetive, i used to date3 a chick. fine artrist chick. pretty. talented. fucking LOVED the idea of graffiti.

it was so glamorous to here. she was facinated by me.

then she met my friends, and other graffiti writers. got her ears opened to the constant shit talk. the constant do's and dont's of graffiti morals. he constant dissing of biters, toys etc.

and she began to hate it.

until she completely hated it and the scumbags she now knew were responsible for it.

most people arent destructive enough to contiue writing graff for years on end, decades in alot of cases.

there normal people that go through rebellious stages. not obsessive compulsive degenerates that make an existance off destroying private and public property without remorse.

this guys one of em.

just extra sour cause hes capitolizing off of something he now hates. and thus hes EXPLOITING IT>

fuck this fagget.

wipe yer ass with vice.

• Like 1

This is good for graffiti- hopefully less hipsters will want to do it.. Instead they will spend their montana money on more coke and OD.

Vice are OK at journalism but their love of Coke and Electro make them corny as fuck. I met one of those dudes and he was a lame. Walking around Shibuya trying to invite people to a gay party they threw that n one attended.

They used to have a graffiti page when it was a ghetto Montreal newspaper.

hypocrites.

I remember Vice popping up in Boston. That was where I first saw it. It was free and seemed more interesting than "The Phoenix." What I didn't like was the whole hipster nose stuck up image the magazine gave me. There were good things in certain issues, but overall it grew to annoy me.

Then again, I'm that David Cross guy, so I should just shut up. haha. I also have my own issues with graffiti.

• Like 1