Obama coming for my blunts!!!! FUNK DAT!!!

YouMad.GIF

Aparantly cloves, flavored blunts and blunt wraps are covered!

Fuck that I'm bout to stockpile some grape swishers!!!!!!

You can have my cigarillos when you pry them from my cold dead hands!

Blunt or Die!!!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama signed landmark legislation Monday giving the Food and Drug Administration new power to regulate the manufacturing, marketing and sale of tobacco.

President Obama says the new law "represents change that's been decades in the making."

The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act gives the FDA power to ban candy-flavored and fruit-flavored cigarettes, widely considered appealing to first-time smokers, including youths. It also prohibits tobacco companies from using terms such as "low tar," "light" or "mild," requires larger warning labels on packages, and restricts advertising of tobacco products.

It also requires tobacco companies to reduce levels of nicotine in cigarettes.

The new law "represents change that's been decades in the making," Obama said during a bill-signing ceremony in the White House Rose Garden.

"The decades-long effort to protect our children [has] emerged victorious. ... Today, change has come."

Despite a significant decrease in the percentage of Americans who smoke in recent decades, more than 400,000 Americans still die from tobacco-related illnesses every year, the president noted. Tobacco-related health care costs exceed $100 billion annually.

Don't Miss

Big Tobacco: Decades in decline

TIME.com: Why a tobacco giant backs the FDA bill

Altria Group, which owns Philip Morris USA, the nation's biggest cigarette company, previously called congressional passage of the law "an important step forward." At the same time, however, it also expressed "First Amendment reservations about certain provisions, including those that could restrict a manufacturer's ability to communicate truthful information to adult consumers about tobacco products."

Phillip Morris makes such brands as Marlboro, Virginia Slims, Chesterfield and Basic.

A narrow majority of adult Americans opposes the law, according to a Gallup Poll released Monday. Fifty-two percent of Americans -- including most smokers -- are opposed to the measure, while 46 percent support it. The survey was conducted June 14-17.

Before signing the bill, the president acknowledged the struggle that young people in particular face when they try to stop smoking.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Americas blunt game doesn't end up like canadas!!!

If I ever see that oatmeal and corpse ash century Sam bullshit in my corner store i'm burning it to the ground

Even honey dutches?!? Those Bern around for 20 years!

I'm about to put all my money into grape swishers, peach optimos, and strawberry phillies and make a killing... I just gotta figure out how to keep em from going stale...

FUCK I DONT WANT OUR BLUNT GAME TO BE LIKE CANADAS!!!!

NOOOOO!!!!

damn thats fucked up...looks like it back to honey dippin my own blunts. Fuck.

thats whats up.

but how many of you still really smoke that many blunts??? I mean maybe its just me, but Im more into joints(rice papers), pipes and bongs... whatever.. I dont smoke reg weed, so maybe thats what it is.. but yo straight up its about tasting bomb ass weed. Fruity blunts are cool n all every now n then.. but cant say it would be a big deal if this law really is what you all make it to be..

just my 2 cents and a bag of chips.

• Like 1

Ive been in denmark for a few months now and all these mother fuckers smoke is hash and tobacco. Missing blunts.

europe is fucked like that.

i remember when i went to amsterdamn. the first couple shops we roll into were "aiight, this is kool. these guys mean buisness" refferring to thie size of what we thought were joints, people were smoking.

and me being younger at the time. like 23 or 24 i smoked hella weed. and im from Bc so we roll thick scuds out here on the constant all day long.

its kill out here, and its cheap.

anyways, then we find out that these people are just smoking these tobacco spliffs with hash rolled through the middle.

it was disapointing. we would literally roll into a shop. ask for a couple gerbs are there best buds, then cop a gerb of there best hash. roll it into one cannon.

there were times when shop managers would come up to us and be like "are you sure your going to smoke that"

we were just like sayin to ourselves, ah yeah. then were gonna walk next door and do it again. then you see that coffee shop across the stret. were gonna do it there too.

shit was kinda weak.

but whatevs. different cultures. they believe in smoking everyday out there but they think its wack to get too high.

hmm.

UhhhUHhhh

vanilla getting banned too I'm pretty sure

as will "cognac" phillies

cloves are banned too

And I smoke 3-5 blunts a week, usually when I'm out. I don't bring a bong to the club, and I don't carry around excess parephenalia I might have to ditch if I meat up with the beast. If I'm at home by myself sure, it's bong or pipe, but out with my boys I don't dip to an alley to take fat bong hits!

Regular blunts are pretty terrible, but I guess it's back to dutches for me

it's really more principle, why the fuck can't I make the choice to smoke a grape cigarillo?!? I'm a grown ass man!

I really doubt that our precious flavored blunts are in that big of danger. The article talks about banning candy and fruity flavored cigarettes (what pussy smokes fruity cigarettes any way?). Tobacco products aimed for kids, and how many young kids do you see smoking grape dutches for the nicotine. They talk about regulating tobacco products, I can't see them banning flavored blunts cause thats a huge market. If they do ban flavored blunts (which I doubt) I just hope they don't get rid of my beloved green games.

Or you could save yourself the money of buying blunts everyday and invest in a sweet bong and some rolling papers.

I really doubt that our precious flavored blunts are in that big of danger. The article talks about banning candy and fruity flavored cigarettes (what pussy smokes fruity cigarettes any way?). Tobacco products aimed for kids, and how many young kids do you see smoking grape dutches for the nicotine. They talk about regulating tobacco products, I can't see them banning flavored blunts cause thats a huge market. If they do ban flavored blunts (which I doubt) I just hope they don't get rid of my beloved green games.

Or you could save yourself the money of buying blunts everyday and invest in a sweet bong and some rolling papers.

hey jackass

cloves are banned as of next week, they are on liquidation everywhre

as is shiska, the flavored hookah tobacco

what the fuck makes you think they wont follow through in suit like they already have

the law BANS ANY CANDY / FRUIT FLAVORED TOBACCO PRODUCTS, NOT JUST CIGARETTES

aparantly menthols are on the chopping block next, but the NAACP has blocked that legislation (shouldnt they be FOR it?)