Best rapper that died!!!!!!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are other rappers who can tell stories better than L (Nas and Rae/Ghost come to mind) and could be considered "lyrically superior" for that. Then again that's not really what he was about. Big L just had the lightening quick flow and punchline after punchline down pat. No one has ever released any material that can compare when it comes to that criteria.

I think another aspect of his appeal has to do with the fact that he released relatively little official material and never blew up when it looked like he was poised to do so any minute before he died. All of the other dead greats had multiple albums under their belts and were signed to major labels. To me, Big L's untapped potential is what makes him the best.

As for the worst rapper out of Wu-Tang...I feel like the only 4 that hold their own round the clock (on both group and solo albums) are Ghost, Rae, Method, and GZA. Everyone else loses some steam on solo productions, although I would personally tip my hat to Masta Killa as most underrated member...

To each his own...We all have our opinions, I've never been a fan of Big L or many punchline rappers for that matter. I do see that Big L has a large following on the internet though, I always thought dudes were listing him as their favorite just to be different. I know a lot of douche bags in real life that do that with other artist, like it some how makes them cooler for listening to whatever artist their hyping at the time.

i dont care if you dont like wu or east coast hip hop or whatever, if you dont like odb you are a faggot

if somehow i had the choice to chill with any rapper then it would have been this guy, dude was straight up lunatic entertainment, and one of the illest most unique lyricists ive ever heard. a real character. i see his role in the wu as like how bundini brown was to muhammad ali, a source of constant creativity.

and 36 chamber the dirty version is actually well underrated when compared to the great wu solos

i dont care if you dont like wu or east coast hip hop or whatever, if you dont like odb you are a faggot

:lol:

People can't have opinions now a days? I grew up on east coast hip hop dumbass, everyone my age did...It's not a coastal bias thing it's a personal preference thing...And to me the dude sucks at rapping. Call me what ever name you want it's not going to change the fact that I don't like his style...I like the Wu Tang but I'm not a fan of ODB, so what? You mad about it?

:lol:

People can't have opinions now a days? I grew up on east coast hip hop dumbass, everyone my age did...It's not a coastal bias thing it's a personal preference thing...And to me the dude sucks at rapping. Call me what ever name you want it's not going to change the fact that I don't like his style...I like the Wu Tang but I'm not a fan of ODB, so what? You mad about it?

that wasnt aimed at anyone in particular just a general thing... people in this thread who say they dont rate him, people ive seen elsewhere who have said they dont rate him. whatever. I just think dude had something that no other rapper has ever really had. Find it surprising that anyone who "grew up with hip hop" could not at least relate to the guy on some level

im also surprised you like wu but not odb, more than surprised, fuckin puzzled actually. So when all that good shit was coming out early mid 90s then he dropped brooklyn zoo you werent like "FUCKKKK!!???" damn i was just a kid and it was mindblowing

u mad lol

ODB was awesome, I didn't like everything he did but then it is rare that i like everything that a rapper does, but he is definiteyl someone that is always hidden away and I bring out

always loved the Brooklyn Zoo video with the sunglasses with one lense out - always a source for amusement in a musical genre where everyone takes shit so serious

ODB definitely stood out from the rest of the Wu.

RZA described him as being a "free spirit". I guess he was unrestrained mentally. Or didn't give a fuck. Whatever you wanna call it.

Who's the worst rapper on Wu-Tang? I always hear U-God's name come up. Some people said he should have been a hype man, and not an official member. I remember seeing an interview where he lashed out at RZA after his album flopped, and kept saying "I know I ain't wack" over & over.

ODB definitely stood out from the rest of the Wu.

RZA described him as being a "free spirit". I guess he was unrestrained mentally. Or didn't give a fuck. Whatever you wanna call it.

Who's the worst rapper on Wu-Tang? I always hear U-God's name come up. Some people said he should have been a hype man, and not an official member. I remember seeing an interview where he lashed out at RZA after his album flopped, and kept saying "I know I ain't wack" over & over.

Cappadonna or Killah Priest should have been put in over him. Both came close, although I think Cappadonna might be considered an official member now. I'm not sure.