laugh with me: chicks in a fashion ad with Montana

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that ad is stupid as shit, the girls who buy into that are even stupider.

there are several different sub genres of punk. the term "sub genre" has existed a lot longer than punk has.

with that being said....

Sorry DAO, some of us don't have time machines to travel back to 1982 to learn about the history of the music we love. Most of us, like normal people, read.

you don't even like the music, so why even put up an argument?

this book:

normal_The_Day_the_country_died.jpg

have a nice day.

• Like 1

If I wanted to read people arguing about what punk is and hyping shitty bands I'd steal a copy of MRR.

Getting old is a blessing in a way. I stopped caring about scene bullshit and shows and sub-sub-sub genres around the time I noticed I had quite a bit of grey hair....now I listen to music I enjoy and make statements like "The Grateful Dead were one of the first real punk bands" just to stymie the 21 yo experts. (Before you start screaming "AWWWWWWWWW HELL NO" and making yourself look foolish, think about it....I'm pretty sure RH, Smart and Chupa can see where I'm going with this.)

Anyway, that ad sucks on so many different levels. If that's what passes for good commercial design nowadays,.how can I get some of that action?

i kinda came in late here and noticed a lot of genre bickering but i think should add some fuel to this burning brown shit bag for someone to try and stomp out

...for the experts. if punk only ran with punks and new wave was all by itself etc etc can anyone answer me what the fuck is all this about?

buzzcocks - fall in love [punk]

pete shelly (former lead singer of said buzzcocks) - telephone operator [new wave]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIXtWpZp1Sk&feature=related

wire - pink flag [punk]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvYAUukQSgU

wire - ahead [new wave]

all these songs are worth a listen regardless.

can anyone answer me what the fuck is all this about?

A lot of old punks turned into new wavers later on.

Kinda like how a lot of hardcore dudes in the late 90's/early 2000's turned into sappy emo fags.

I've come to the realization that I really don't give a fuck about this topic, much less this argument.

Yall can keep it.

I'm outa here.