Who here suffers from sleep deprivation?

Organic Therapy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I was younger I always went 1 to 2 days without sleep. Most of the time it was OK and I was alright.

Daily routines and rituals can you help you greatly. Things that will tell your body and mind it's time to shut down. Make sure you are only using your room/bed to sleep(or fuck). Don't watch TV from that fucker.. A lot of the time it's just a matter of finding out what works for you. If you're going to take sleep pills, take them with enough time to sleep it off as well.. So don't wait two hours then take one and only have 5 or 6 hours to sleep it off.. You need eight for most.

I still battle insomnia all the time.. Sucks, but I also realize I don't need as much sleep as others.. Beware of naps.. Try and sleep when you feel sleepy though, cuz after that your body shifts gears and you're fucked. Read before bed if you're into that, but not from the internet.. A magazine or book.. Any sort of video feed acts as a stimulant.

My sleep cycle has really been off for the past 3 or 4 months, currently i go to bed anywhere from 5 to 8 in the morning and then sleep till like 6 unless something wakes me up. Its been bad, and i need to start looking for a job and there arnt a lot of places that have night shifts, so i'v decided now that im going to not sleep today and try to go to bed at a reasonable time tonight and try to fix it.

also weed helps get a good body high going and just lay down, fall asleep in minutes. one of the reasons i need a job is to pay for weed. Which is also one of the reasons geting a job is hard, i need to pass drug tests. Maybe if i just tell them it to help me sleep they'll make an exception.

might i suggest acupuncture or hypnotherapy?

possibly even yoga? you must have a lot of stress or something going on, you have to find a way to get rid of that negative bullshit, that's what im working on and that includes people.

so true.

used to be hella stressed all the time for no reason.. did some yoga for a few months at school everday /nh and it helped me start sleeping better for sure..

now its not as bad.. but i kinda go through stages. like its hard to sleep until super later in the am, then i start going to bed way early after that and i can sleep fine, then i go to bed around 1-2am and sleep fine...

now its getting back to where i stay up until like 6am until i sleep.. fml

I can sleep for ages , like easily 8 hours a night it is just when I wake up I don't feel refreshed or like I have had any sleep whatsoever, it also takes me ages to shake off the stuffy head feeling when I wake up

I dream loads as well really vivid, reoccuring dreams that I know are dreams but cannot affect them even tho I do things differently in the dreams

ive had problems with this since age 11.

go and buy some VALERIAN ROOT TABLETS.

you know on fightclub when ed norton asks the doc if he can have something to make him sleep? the doc says valerian root. same shit. take one or two of these about 40 minutes before you want to go to bed. its important to not fight it. its a bit healthier than painkillers for supper every night.

i always think smoking weed to sleep is a waste of weed but thats just me, whatever.

get some exercise. i used to hit the gym every single day except friday sat and sun. id go to the gym at 3pm and leave at 6pm.

by the time it was 9:30/10 i was ready to sleep. physical exercise is different for everyone though. maybe go for a jog a few hours before bed. doesn't have to be fast or hard /nh but just get puffed out or something.

I go through phases, one month I can't stay awake for shit, I put a movie on and after like five minutes I'm counting sheep. Then the next month I'm up all night, can't sleep... Start thinking about anything and everything, start to feel like I'm wasting my life away and I'm gonna be a hobo sleeping on a bench using a newspaper for a blanket ten years from now... Then the next month I'm back to dozing off all the time.

Vicious circle.