everyday life tips and tricks

morton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 10:10 AM, SMdoubleXL said:

Wax your butt hole while you’re at it. 

I heard it makes all your farts loud, especially when you're sweating.

On 3/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, morton said:

Cheap flights right now with the pandemic and all, I just booked for Puerto Rico next year RT from the american midwest for 300, with no fee flight change if I want it.

Keep a dedicated set of toiletries for travel instead of building a set everytime, cuts down on items left behind and reduces packing time.

Packing cubes are pretty swell, the garment sleeve for hanging clothes is another new feature of luggage that I really appreciate, when teamed up with some velvet hangers it makes unpacking a breeze. 

I let my inner Seattleite shine and bring a packable/reusable cloth bag when I travel, comes in handy and I after not using disposable plastic bags for so long I find em kind of a bummer now unless I need one for something which is rare and can be planned for.

I was like $300 to Puerto Rico isn't much of a deal, until you mentioned Seattle. Not bad.

• LOL! 1

While watching a Y0uTub3 video and notice the yellow marks (ads), scroll all the way to the end and leave about 10 to 5 seconds of the video, let it finish, and replay video, ads are gone.

Only confirmed while turning off the Auto Play.

6 hours ago, T4M* said:

While watching a Y0uTub3 video and notice the yellow marks (ads), scroll all the way to the end and leave about 10 to 5 seconds of the video, let it finish, and replay video, ads are gone.

Only confirmed while turning off the Auto Play.

Or you can just install adblock plus extension in your browser.  I haven't watched youtube ads in years now.

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

if your dog is dehydrated and you want him to drink steam up some chicken for him

retain the water

chill it quickly

skim off the fat

wahey chicken water that they'll love.

learned this today.

Yeah I steam chicken for my dog sometimes.

Sometimes I just throw a treat or some kibble in the water bowl

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Coming into that season.  If I want to keep stairs or a piece of walkway clean when there's freezing rain or snow I throw a tarp over it and just peel it off after.  No busting your ass or having to chip away at thin sheets of ice.  Works for flat roofs too.

this is going into the mental memory bank.

for the day the snow comes here.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Knot two ends of usb or extension cord to keep them from unplugging 

image.jpg

This is good but it would also work to the opposite effect of a "mag safe" plug in that when you trip over this cord, your laptop/device is DEFINITELY going to go to the ground due to the strengthened connection there.  Just something to think about for a cord that you're afraid of becoming unplugged.

TESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTINTESTING 
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

This is good but it would also work to the opposite effect of a "mag safe" plug in that when you trip over this cord, your laptop/device is DEFINITELY going to go to the ground due to the strengthened connection there.  Just something to think about for a cord that you're afraid of becoming unplugged.

That probably a better idea. This was adapted from being taught to do this tie together when connecting extension cords at work

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

Here are some ideas from my recent thinking.

I have switched to cold water only with laundry, I use Tide utra detergent and have noticed no change.

I have recently started using the broiler a lot more, I think it is great, probably been forgotten about in recent years because it is so easy and mellow compared to stove top that it would not make good TV.

When visiting a new city I have taken up the practice of finding a high vantage point and making it my first stop, scoping out things from there with a map really puts things in context compared to just looking at map applications.

Speaking of map applications, cal topo is great for out dooorsy things.

Keep a toiletry bag dedicated to travel, that way you just though it in the luggage and go instead of trying to re-build it every time.

Keep a packing list or spreadsheet so that you can pack easy, extra nice is to have a couple for different lengths of trip and anticipated weather conditions. Take a moment to revise list when unpacking at home with addtions and subtractions for next time.

Packing cubes are great, you do not always have to compress them but they somehow let you get more in the suitcase anyway. 

Find a group activity if you can,  I did  a hiking club for a couple years and am now on a swim team, both have been remarkably positive experiences.

Using a credit card for the rewards, dumping it and moving to the next is a good way to get some free shit if you can handle the tracking and payment side of things. It is called "churning" and is a thing that some people devote a lot of thinking and online posting to.

• Like 1
  • Props 1