everyday life tips and tricks

morton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Cheap flights right now with the pandemic and all, I just booked for Puerto Rico next year RT from the american midwest for 300, with no fee flight change if I want it.

Keep a dedicated set of toiletries for travel instead of building a set everytime, cuts down on items left behind and reduces packing time.

Packing cubes are pretty swell, the garment sleeve for hanging clothes is another new feature of luggage that I really appreciate, when teamed up with some velvet hangers it makes unpacking a breeze. 

I let my inner Seattleite shine and bring a packable/reusable cloth bag when I travel, comes in handy and I after not using disposable plastic bags for so long I find em kind of a bummer now unless I need one for something which is rare and can be planned for.

• Like 2

Fold your cable in half.

554DDC60-80F4-4718-9BD1-D859C13CA186.jpeg

Wrap it around 2-4 fingers depending on length of cable.  I use 4 fingers if it's a 20' long ethernet cable.

0B89A004-D23B-4B96-9BAD-BCE4B0C8EDC5.jpeg

Put the looped end through about 2-3 times.

2D0C19FA-F7D5-4F53-B9F8-94991A6DB638.jpeg

Secure the loose end with the looped end by putting them through the loop.

8F6C72D6-F510-4EFD-AD11-A2395805193E.jpeg

I have boxes full of cables I wrapped this way when I started my new job because one of my first tasks was to clean up the lab at my job.

• Like 2
  • Props 4

23 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

^^ I didn't realize the value in being a redneck until I got a bit older. @CALIgula@KILZ FILLZI used to be a city boi like everyone else in Austin.

This shit right here

hanging out with a bunch of farm boys and rednecks taught me I can use pantyhose or heavy duty zip ties as temporary belts on an engine in case of emergency.

I also know a guy that cooks on his engine during long road trips

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn1_fuckos said:

This shit right here

hanging out with a bunch of farm boys and rednecks taught me I can use pantyhose or heavy duty zip ties as temporary belts on an engine in case of emergency.

I also know a guy that cooks on his engine during long road trips

When we go camping, I warm my breakfast tacos that I pre-made at home wrapped in foil..... on my exhaust manifold after driving.  Shit works fantastically like an oven.  Heat is energy, don't waste it on the atmosphere, warm you food!!  I learned that from some guys that were driving a Porsche 944 one year camping on Pike's Peak for the Hill Climb Rally.

• Like 1

Men: If you have to pee in the middle of the night but want to make minimum noise, pee in the sink.  Wash hands for 20 seconds, than rinse hands while rinsing out your left over pee.

Women: If you have to pee in the middle of the night but want to make zero noise, pee outside, away from doors and windows.  Take two rolls of toilet paper just in case one isn't enough. When done, use lighter to burn the paper that was used to clean your vagina and if left with a roll, it can be used to direct your pee with more accuracy.  Use garden hose to clean hands and clorox.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Huh, wha?  Listen, if you're a dude who has to pee in the middle of the night and you don't want to make a noise (?) just pee into the carpet and go back to bed, you can blame it on the dog in the morning.  

image.png.c07e1bd5fd6c1e52e08221c43daf9e9d.png

Make sure you have a dog before engaging.  Also, how loud do people piss?  If you're not peeing from a firehose you should be fine.  Also, bathrooms at home have doors on them, no?

• LOL! 1

1. Unless you are peeing on the walls of the toilet bowl, the flush will make lots of noise, especially when it fills up and vibrates the pipes.

(YeH wElL, don't flush, close the door, slightly open faucet) - One Man Banned

2. Door hinges don't get lubricated often and door handles are difficult to silent.  Doors often lose their original position, causing friction leading up to noise.

(So thhhtupid! Doors don't move , just pee everywhere and blame pets.) - One Man Banned

3. Calculating the amount people (Pets thread) that have dogs, not so many. Also, people who rent do not have the option to have pets and the ones that do, pet owners will think twice before peeing in the carpet and lose deposit money.

(_________instert counter point________) -One Man Banned

• LOL! 1

Getting the sense you may be more serious about this than I.  Truthfully I have 0 fucks to give on the matter because I try to live my bathrom game like a G:

Bose Noise Cancelling Crapper

image.png.a10ecabfbc320357d8982a3d196163e5.png

Go ahead, lay your meanest, no one's going to hear it.

If that's not enough, my bathroom is sound absorbing.  Your deepest secrets are safe.

image.png.c6c84cbbcd707e96849e16dd8893d453.png

This is the life I have chosen, it's not for everybody.

• Props 1
  • LOL! 4