everyday life tips and tricks

morton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1) steal a kiwi shoe-polish bottle (or kiwi salt-stain remover if you want the round bottle EXACTLY like the krink bottles... i like the shoe-polish better though, fits in yoru pocket less noticeably... like how a flask's shape works).

2) steal a little tin of 'aluminum' colored rust paint from wal-mart... it's in the same aisle as spraypaint and normally costs about $3...

3) steal paint thinner or mineral spirits, and some dot 3 brakefluid (hell, you probably already have this under your sink, or in your basement or garage if you're rich enough to have one)

now empty out the shoe polish (or salt stain remover) by taking the top part of the kiwi bottle (pull out the deely that the foam nib is held in with).

fill the bottle with a mixture of about 2/3rds paint and 1/3rd thinner (mineral spirits or paint thinner). add a capful of dot3 brakefluid if you have it. if you have a marble or a screw or anything drop it in as a mixer. re-assemble the bottle, shake it, and there you go, a 'krink' mop for free with not much work put in... hell, you can buy the **** and still spend less money than a krink mop would be in total with shipping, not to mention have enough paint and **** leftover for a refill.

you can adjust the ratio of paint to thinner to make it drippier or thicker and more opaque... 2/3 paint and 1/3 thinner is what i use to make fairly drippy ink, but not so much that it's unreadable... i've used straight paint with no thinner before and had it work pretty good, although it was a bit too thick and sometimes left 'streaks'... just a little bit of thinner would've been enough to make it flow enough to leave thick solid opaque lines though...

Well shit, I thought that exposing the secrets of how to make krink was a 12 oz no no. And although talking about graffiti in channel 0 is off limits I would like to say that Ideal Mark brand markers are the shit.

http://www.traceypackaging.com/catalog.asp?prodid=638578&showprevnext=1

I learned this not as a writer but as a worker that writes on things.

Buy a quality atlas and reference it when you read world news, it will help you develop a better world view.

- Google it!

- If you ever go out to eat at a sit down restaurant or drink to a bar with a group of friends, always tell them its your birthday. Sometimes they comp you a beer/appetizer/dessert/etc, or give you a discount

- Always carry some cash (bills & quarters), your debit card, a credit card, and your cell phone. charge your phone every night

- buy & use a U-Lock for your bike

- when you travel, eat & drink where the locals do instead of at the hotel.

- want to travel cheap? ride greyhound & sleep in hostels.

the power of dogs are stronger than most think.

compainionship - will never backstab you or be mean.

girls love them

home defence - depending on the size of your dog.

but besides that.

you can get by on less $5 day if you spend the time to learn/build a budget/routine.

fishing line is more versitile than you think.

if its less than 5 miles away dont drive. ride a bike

if you really want it. there is way to get it.

its better to try and fail. than to never try at all.

instead of air-freshner leave a bar of soap in your car under the seat. it lasts a lot longer and keeps yo shit smellin fresh and clean instead of all "strawberry shithole"

if you cant afford a soapbar just fish a biscit out of a public urinal. Problem solved. (joking but know a kid who used to do this)

-Learn to cook

not talking spaghetti. Learn to cook everything learn to make your own meals not using recipes as a crutch.

why be the person that has to go order the pizza from the shop down the street. be the person that can make the dough make the sauce and cook the pizza.

It's always something good to know if your into it but where im from, thats what the ladie's for... Just find one of those and your set for life.

How to save money on batteries(watch and AAA)

A23(12 volt) batteries contain 8(1.5 volt) batteries inside them which are typically used in watches. 9 volt batteries contain 6 AAAA batteries, AAAA are identical to AAA in voltage(1.5) but they are smaller which brings us to tip 2.

If the contact piece on your remote control or other battery powered item is missing or loose, just wad up some aluminum foil and put it in between the battery to make the contacts connect again.

try not to be too stingy with loaning money out to people you know you can trust.

it may benefit you someday.

always listen to new music, no matter how faggy the fanbase may be.

(except for juggalo shit, it will give you tumors.)

never be afraid to cry when you have to, its not good to hold things like that in.

people underestimate how healthy it is to get your feelings out.

always remember that you are where you are in life because you chose to be there.

its not up to anyone else how your life is lived but you.

not to be a tinfoil hat kind of person, but have a emergency preparedness backpack/kit whatever.

(of course the government has recommendations for your preparedness kit, http://www.ready.gov/america/getakit/index.html but i would probably also pack whatever you've yelled at the screen during a zombie movie. i.e. shotgun)

open a sealed envelop, throw it in the freeze for two hours or more, gently slip knife under seal and open.

i don't know if this is true but tomatoes last longer if you store them stem side down.

and apparently green peppers with 3 round parts on the bottom are sweet and better to eat raw, while peppers with 4 round parts on the bottom are better for cooking.