Tea Party

projetmayhem

Thousands to launch tea-party protest against govt. spending

Tens of thousands of conservative activists are preparing to descend on the nation's capital Saturday for a rowdy tea-party style protest, event planners say.

About 30,000 have signed up on the event's website to attend the march and rally and oppose what they call excessive government spending, says Adam Brandon, spokesman for FreedomWorks, a group that supports lower taxes and less government. Former House majority leader, Republican Dick Armey, is the organization's chairman.

More may show, Brandon says, and at least 450 tour buses will bring protesters from around the country.

Both the U.S. Capitol Police and the U.S. Park Police say they're boosting staffing for the event. They decline to provide crowd estimates.

"We're expecting a pretty big crowd," says Sgt. David Schlosser, U.S. Park Police spokesman, adding that he believes the event will be comparable to "the majority of our First Amendment activities, which we do on a routine basis."

FreedomWorks planned the rally, but many groups are participating, including the National Taxpayers Union and Tea Party Patriots. The event has caught fire online via e-mail campaigns and on social networking sites such as Facebook.

Protesters' concerns include health care, the economic stimulus, car company bailouts and the climate change bill, says Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks.

"People are telling me two things: 'I've never done this before,' and 'I've never even talked to my congressman, but I have to show up because our government is out of control,' " Kibbe says.

Ilyse Hogue, spokeswoman for the liberal network MoveOn.org, calls the protesters "an extremely vocal minority" who resort to shouting people down instead of engaging in reasonable debate.

"They are completely out of step with where the majority of people in this country want to go," she adds. "Instead of shouting down elected representatives and their fellow citizens who have ideas about how to move forward, they should probably get in the discussion about what we can do to solve the health care crisis, the economic crisis and the energy crisis."

Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck has encouraged people to participate and will broadcast live Saturday from Washington. Mark Williams, another conservative talk show host, is riding the Tea Party Express, a 34-city, 7,000-mile bus tour that began in Sacramento on Aug. 28 and ends in the capital Saturday.

When the Tea Party Patriots held their first nationwide rally in February, organizers said 30,000 people showed. Over the summer, the movement gained momentum with the town hall health care meetings that were punctuated by passionate outbursts over what protesters call "Obama care."

Saturday's rally will mark another step in the movement's growth, Brandon says. "This will be the largest gathering of fiscal conservatives that we've ever had in the nation's capital," he says.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-09-11-tax-rally_N.htm

Hopefully there will be some violence make it worth our while.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thats a mild inconvience, and they should be ashamed of themselves for associating with the real tea party patriots, especially seeing as how they probably paid for the tea.

i cant understand how all these protestors can do this shit and not think their being slapped in the face, a protest is supposed to be slapping back for slapping us, not standing in a designated protest zone screaming NO MORE TAXES! and holding up poster boards.

we need some real fucking patriots again.

Thousands to launch tea-party protest against govt. spending [/size]

Tens of thousands of conservative activists are preparing to descend on the nation's capital Saturday for a rowdy tea-party style protest, event planners say.

About 30,000 have signed up on the event's website to attend the march and rally and oppose what they call excessive government spending, says Adam Brandon, spokesman for FreedomWorks, a group that supports lower taxes and less government.

Where were these assholes when Bush was taking Clintons surplus and running it into the recession that we have now?

Where were they when the Patriot act was signed, and the Republicans gave the greenlight for warrantless roving wiretaps on literally everybody's phones?

Where were these dipshits when we went to war with Iraq over "big government" lies?

Oh that's right... they were all waving their flags talking about "America, love it or leave it!!!" and bashing niggas for having the audacity to talk shit on the president. :dunce:

• Like 1

They're protesting taxes and shit, also one of the groups running it is the tea party patriots

They're just a bunch of pissed off racist rednecks who are grasping at straws for any excuse to bitch about the president without exposing themselves as the pissed off racist rednecks that 100% of them are.

They never gave two shits about taxes before Obama, so why would they all of a sudden give a shit now, after he lowered the vast majority of their taxes?

It's the same dipshits that were calling him an Arab Muslim during the election, and are trying to say that he wasn't born in Hawaii now.

Fucking Fox News drones who wouldn't know the meaning of "patriotism" if it shot them in the ass.

haha, that doesnt mean shit. a protest is just a bunch of people complaining loudly, you gotta hit them where it counts, where the real tea party patriots knew it counted, the wallet.

protesting: doesnt get you shit but possibly arrested

destroying shitloads of money in merchandise to proove their point: did.

^Real talk.

There needs to be a March On Washington from Health Care Reform supporters. Show that our voices are louder than the Tea Party Klan members.

I remember a possible march being discussed a few weeks ago. I don't know if it's being materialized or not.

Straight up.. yo organize that shit.. get on it son...

these "pissed off rednecks" and "klan members" are also protesting for smaller government. something which you all agree on if you even know what that means. let em bitch and moan. thats our right we have here even if you think its a waste of time and disagree about what their moaning about.

Actually I think if you knew what 'smaller government' meant you wouldn't try to tell us that we all agree on it.... and yes it is their right to 'petition our government for a redress grievances' and i fully support it.. though DAO did correct my comment about americans..

because they dont get involved in politics... they let other people do it for them.. plato's ideal state was 5401 people (i might be wrong but it was right around there, been drinking tonight) he thought that anything more and the polis could not work any less and it could not work. Politics is life.. everything we do or chose not to do is politics... we end up with elected officials who suck cause people say hey not my problem.. i don't want to spend the time.. politics is a full time job... for your entire life...

these "pissed off rednecks" and "klan members" are also protesting for smaller government. something which you all agree on if you even know what that means. let em bitch and moan. thats our right we have here even if you think its a waste of time and disagree about what their moaning about.

George W. Bush & Dick Cheney expanded the federal government to become one of the largest in US history. Where were these tea party rednecks during that time? Race is definitely a factor.

because they dont get involved in politics... they let other people do it for them.. plato's ideal state was 5401 people (i might be wrong but it was right around there, been drinking tonight) he thought that anything more and the polis could not work any less and it could not work. Politics is life.. everything we do or chose not to do is politics... we end up with elected officials who suck cause people say hey not my problem.. i don't want to spend the time.. politics is a full time job... for your entire life...

Oh, it's less stressful to not pay full attention.